Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Smoked Turley Leftover Solution...

After smoking an 8 lb. bone in turkey and slicing it up for my son who has a sudden LOVE for turkey, I was wondering what I was going to with the abundant morsels that was left on the carcass. I decided to make a longtime favorite dish with a twist. Smoked turkey and tasso pasta. We usually do this with chicken or shrimp... but the smokey flavor of the turkey added to the spicy smokey flavor of the tasso added so much depth to this dish that I can see this becoming a regular thing.

Every time my elbow bends my mouth flies open.
·

Comments

• ScottborasjrScottborasjr Posts: 2,744
    Looks amazing @Parallel, how's the wife feeling? Hope all is well!!
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
    ·
  • Charlie tunaCharlie tuna Posts: 2,191
    Looks great, turkey can be used for many dishes.
    ·
  • ParallelParallel Posts: 415
    Thanks. Mrs. Parallel is doing far better than we had dared to hope for. She has a followup appointment on May 8th after which we anticipate she'll be returning to work.

Every time my elbow bends my mouth flies open.
    ·