Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Chicken & pork chorizo Alfredo

The wife was still feeling puny today from morning sickness and said shed just eat a sandwich for supper. I promised I'd cook or bring home anything she wanted, so subway it was.

I however got to experiment and cook just a meal for my taste buds!

We had spaghetti last night and we don't mix our noodles so I had left over. Some type of chicken Alfredo sounded good to me. This is zero recipe, just a mixture f things that sounded good to me!

Chicken breast were on sale at the Kroger today so I bought a few packages, cooked two breast and food saver'd the rest in smaller portions.

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Jamaican firewalk and lemon pepper

400 direct until 155-160

Zucchini with lemon juice, soy, garlic, salt and pepper

The new basket was amazing. Even used the hadle for a helper handle will stirring.

I browned the choirizo, put the noodles in Alfredo sauce and when the chicken was done, let it rest and sliced.

I thought I took more pics but here's the finished product. Very tasty!

Added all ingredients into a pan and sauted till mixed.

The money shot haha

XLBGE 
·

Comments

• bsgatorbsgator Posts: 30
    Looks awesome. Nice cook!
    ·
  • SmokinDAWG82SmokinDAWG82 Posts: 1,704
    Looks GOOD to me I'd eat that. in a heartbeat

LBGE
    Go Dawgs! - Marietta, GA
    ·
  • calikingcaliking Posts: 7,063
    Dayum!! That looks so good. Love the idea of chorizo alfredo. Your basket gizmo looks like something I need.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
    ·
  • caneggercanegger Posts: 537
    Looks good. Basket looks like it's working good
    ·
  • shtgunal3shtgunal3 Posts: 2,902
    I'd hit it! :D

LBGE,SBGE, and a mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

·
  • egger aveegger ave Posts: 580
    edited April 2013
    Looks great, cooking Chorizo tomorrow, will try it with shaved zucchini 
    1 Large BGE, 1 Mini BGE, 1 Minimax BGE, Original wife and 4 dogs living in the heart of BBQ country in Round Rock Texas. "Friends don't let friends cook with propane"
    ·
  • Dyal_SCDyal_SC Posts: 2,581
    Mmm, looks fantastic!!!
    ·
  • ScottborasjrScottborasjr Posts: 2,923
    looks awesome, think I'm going to saw that unremovable handle off my basket.
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
    ·
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 16,468
    The hell with what VI said. Man you cook good.
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

·
  • MrCookingNurseMrCookingNurse Posts: 4,305
    Mickey said:

The hell with what VI said. Man you cook good.

=)) thanks man!

XLBGE 
    ·
  • Village IdiotVillage Idiot Posts: 6,951
    edited April 2013
    Looks reeeely good, Mr. Nurse.  Ever since Mickey converted to Islam, he has been trying to start trouble amongst us real Americans and the school chillen of Texas.  Where is a drone when you need one?

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

·
  • Solson005Solson005 Posts: 1,907
    Chorizo Alfredo awesome idea! =P~

Looks great and that basket is going to get lots of use!
    Large & Small BGE, CGW Two-Tier Swing Rack for BOTH EGGS, Spider for the Wok, eggCARTen & and Cedar Pergola my Eggs call home in Edmond, OK. 
    ·
  • SmokeyPittSmokeyPitt Posts: 6,883
    Nicely done! The combination of flavors sounds excellent. I love throwing stuff together like this.

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

·