Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
National BBQ Month sure was tasty! We hope you got to try just as many new BBQ recipes as we did and some old favorites as well. If not, you can find all our BBQ recipes here and try them out all summer long. One of our favorites was Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise and Ted Reader’s Rum Injected Sweet Potatoes. As the weather’s heating up, use your EGG for a cool treat-Ice Cream Sandwiches! Keep an eye out for some Father’s Day recipes from chefs & their dads, coming soon!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Anyone tried Simply Marvelous Peppered Cow?

Simply Marvelous spicy apple rub is one of my favorites for ribs and pork butt. Anyone tried their Peppered Cow?

·

Comments

• calikingcaliking Posts: 6,797
    I've tried it on brisket and beef before and liked it but its not my favorite in the SM line-up. The Sweet & Spicy, Sweet Seduction, Cherry, and Pecan are also very good. spicy Apple is probably one of my favs.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
    ·
  • carter422carter422 Posts: 58
    You will find nothing bad in Stephen's Lineup of spices. 
    ·
  • JerkChickenJerkChicken Posts: 551
    carter422 said:
    Except MSG.... I ordered 3 of their most popular, the All Spice, Sweet Seduction and Cherry. Two of which were loaded with MSG. Not a huge deal but kind of a turn off as I avoid using it.
    LBGE, Weber OTG w/ Rotisserie, Weber Genesis S-330, Chargriller Duo, AR-15, AK-47
    ·
  • QDudeQDude Posts: 598
    Great on steaks!

A northern Colorado Egghead since 2012!

XL and a Small BGE.

·
  • rtt121rtt121 Posts: 644
    edited April 2013

carter422 said:
    Except MSG....
    That's bad in my book
    Medium, and XL eggs in Galloway NJ.  Just outside of Atlantic City.  
    ·
  • chrisnjennchrisnjenn Posts: 534
    IMO Simply Marvelous is a lot better than the Dizzy Pig line of rubs. Not even close..
    ·