Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Bluefin Tuna with Mango Salsa

Went to the hardware store today to pick up some pieces for my cold smoker I am building, get a call from a friend of mine tellin me Central Market has fresh Bluefin in and I need to get there ASAP.  Lucky Home Depot is only about 1 mile away so it only took me 15 Seconds to get there. Did up the Tuna with a little EVOO and DP Raging River, went indirect at 375 for a few minutes each side. The wife said it needs to be like still swimming when it hits the plate. I thought thats a little rare for my liking so I will do up some Mago Salsa and make my taste buds a little happier. Did up some squash on the grill, and did spinach with shallots on the clock in my kitchen.

MANGO SALSA

• Red Onion
  • Jalapeno
  • Small Mango
  • Tomato
  • Cilantro
  • Lime Juice

Again not sure of how much of each, I just add till I get what makes me happy.

Wife told me we have 5 weeks till Memorial Day Weekend and we can not be at the lake house looking like ..........

I included a picture of the cold smoker in progress. I had this old fire box that was for my old smoker, I am going to rig up a tube to run to the top of the egg. Not sure how it will come out but never hurts to try it out.

"Hold my beer and watch this S##T!"

LARGE BGE DALLAS TX.

t.JPG 724.2K
t1.JPG 703.7K
t2.JPG 613.6K

Comments