Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Merry Christmas and may your holiday be filled with delicious food and loved ones...to help you devour the food! Our Holiday Entertaining Guide can help if you’re still making a Christmas menu. If you’re looking for fun, last minute holiday activities, check out EGGcellent Sugar Cookies, BGE Cake Pops, Santa Hat Brownies, Pig Candy or Holiday Drinks! See you in the New Year EGGheads!

The 17th Annual EGGtoberfest was amazing - here are the highlights Click Here

Smoking with apple on the BGE

Hi all, I had about half of a crab apple tree die on me last year around Sept/Oct.  I let it sit all winter and I've cut it down.  It's very dry, so I'm excited to use it for my first attempt of smoking apple (I've previously smoked with oak, mesquite, pecan and hickory).

Here's my question for you with much more experience than me:  What part of the tree is "smokeable"?  I mean, is the 1 inch branch just as good as the 3 - 4 inch trunk?  I figure it's all apple wood so it must  be fine.  Is my logic correct?   I've got several 1/2 inch to 1 inch branches that I like to use, I don't want it to go to waste.  But I also have a good length of 3 - 4 inch trunk that I can cut up. 

Thanks in advance!

Comments