Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Dizzy Dust recommendation

Hi
I found this place by my house called hotsaucesandmore and the guy has all the dizzy pig rubs.  Anything you guys recommend?

San Diego, CA

Comments

• gdenby
    gdenby Posts: 6,239
    I always have Dizzy Dust and Swamp Venom on hand. The 2 together are my base rub. Just now, Ragin' River and Cowlick are also necessities.

Just my current preferences. There have been times when Rasin' the Steaks and Tsunammi Spin were indispensable.

You may prefer others. But, I have not had a DP rub that was not fresh and distinctive.
  • six_egg
    six_egg Posts: 1,110
    edited April 2013
    gdenby said:
    I always have Dizzy Dust and Swamp Venom on hand. The 2 together are my base rub. Just now, Ragin' River and Cowlick are also necessities.

Just my current preferences. There have been times when Rasin' the Steaks and Tsunammi Spin were indispensable.

You may prefer others. But, I have not had a DP rub that was not fresh and distinctive.
    I keep Dizzy Dust and Swamp Vemon around. I like cow lick and raising the steaks. My wife does not like the cow lick or raising.  I also like this new rub a friend gave me. It is really good. It is called Willingham's orignal mild or the cajun hot.

XLBGE, LBGE 

Fernandina Beach, FL

• windnsea26
    windnsea26 Posts: 159
    Awesome.  Any in particular you would recommend for chicken breast?
    San Diego, CA
  • Depends on your mood, swamp venom is really good and will work.  All of them are good, get a sample pack. 
  • Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Swamp Venom has take the place of Cajun seasonings like Tony's at our house. Get that and the Dust if you can only pick 2.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• SmokinDAWG82
    SmokinDAWG82 Posts: 1,705
    Raging River is great on Chicken,
    LBGE
    Go Dawgs! - Marietta, GA
  • SmokinDAWG82
    SmokinDAWG82 Posts: 1,705
    Also on Fish
    LBGE
    Go Dawgs! - Marietta, GA
  • EddieK76
    EddieK76 Posts: 416
    Dizzy Dust is a must have.  I love Raging River because it goes so well with pork chops as well.  I always have to have Dizzy Dust and Raising the Steaks on hand.
    Large BGE

• six_egg
    six_egg Posts: 1,110
    Depends on your mood, swamp venom is really good and will work.  All of them are good, get a sample pack. 

Griffin said:
    Swamp Venom has take the place of Cajun seasonings like Tony's at our house. Get that and the Dust if you can only pick 2.

+1 to both

XLBGE, LBGE 

Fernandina Beach, FL

• windnsea26
    windnsea26 Posts: 159
    edited April 2013
    I like the mellow one and my wife/daughters like it a little spicy so I'll probably pick up 2-3.  I typically grill lots of chicken breast and tilapia.  
    San Diego, CA
  • YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    gdenby said:
    I always have Dizzy Dust and Swamp Venom on hand. The 2 together are my base rub.
    Don't know why I have never done this, but I love both and am gonna have to mix some together and use soon!  Thanks!
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• JerkChicken
    JerkChicken Posts: 551
    Raging River is my fav... Mostly use on chix and fish
    LBGE, Weber OTG w/ Rotisserie, Weber Genesis S-330, Chargriller Duo, AR-15, AK-47
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Do yourself a favor and get as many as you can afford. It will broaden your cooking and you won't be sorry.
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Do yourself a favor and get as many as you can afford. It will broaden your cooking and you won't be sorry.
    +1

Go to Dizzy Pig's website and get the sampler pack. If you are feeling lucky, get the entire line. IT saves 10% of buying them individually, I believe.