Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Want input on panels between wood supports

I just bought a large BGE a couple of months ago and I have been working on a table for it off and on.  I'm almost finished, but can't decide what material to use for the panels that close in the sides and the back.  Whatever it is, I'd like for it to tuck neatly behind the 1x4's that run horizontally around the top and bottom perimeter, and sit flush with the vertical frame members (4x4's and 2x4's).  It can't be much thicker than 1/4" since that's the amount of space I left between the decking and the horizontal 1x4's.  I was originally planning to use cedar tongue and groove closet lining, but I'm wondering if there is something that would make the table more interesting.  I mentioned galvanized roof panels to my wife.  She hated the idea, but I think it would give it a modern industrial look.  What do you guys think?  Below are some pics of the table progress so far.

Btw, the picture of the finished wood (Cabot's Australian Timber Oil 'Mahogany Flame') was taken in low light so the color is actually a tad bit lighter than shown.

Comments