Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Ace hardware wicked good lump?

Did Ace quit carrying this charcoal?

Comments

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    WGC is in negotiations with Ace to continue. Some areas still have it in their distribution centers. I have been in direct contact with WGC. Some are going to say that it is still available but I think it is just from current stock. There might be an answer Friday.
  • piney
    piney Posts: 1,478
    I talked with my local Ace store Saturday and was told they were going to change to Kamado Joe brand, they said it was made by the same company as WG (Premier Charcoal). General Motors also made Chevettes & Corvettes, just a thought!
    Lenoir, N.C.
  • Logger
    Logger Posts: 309
    I visited with my local Ace here in Central Oklahoma.  He confirmed the Kamado Joe brand lump being available next month but, also said that WG will be available again sometime in June.
    I bought the last bag of WG they had in Yukon.
    OKC area  XL - Medium Eggs
  • All my ACE carries in the BGE lump because that is the dealer for  the Egg an he is kinda high
    :(

1 Large Big Green Egg
     1 Weber Kettle
     1 Weber Weber Smokey Mountain 18"
     1 Long Horn Off Set
     1 Bradley Smoker
     1 Weber Silver Gasser
     1 Weber Smokey Joe Small
     1 Orange Thermapen
  • Kosko
    Kosko Posts: 535
    I just called my local ace hardware ( mcdonough, Ga ) and he said he hasn't heard they aren't carrying WGWW anymore. He did say he has been trying to order some for the last month but had no luck. I hope they can work this out because this is my fav. Lump! Our wal mart doesn't carry royal oak lump.
    Peachtree City, Ga Large BGE
  • Kosko
    Kosko Posts: 535
    Just got off the phone with the manager at my local ace. He talked to corporate and said that all ace hardwares will start back carrying WGWW late this summer. He said late June , early July. Hope this helps!
    Peachtree City, Ga Large BGE
  • Aviator
    Aviator Posts: 1,757

Yaaayyyy!!!

That is good news of the day.

Large and Small BGE, Blackstone 36 and a baby black Kub.

Chattanooga, TN.