Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Are you happy it’s finally National BBQ Month? While we like to BBQ year round, May is our favorite because the whole country is celebrating delicious food. If you’re new to cooking BBQ on your EGG, check out our Smoking Basics Publication...if not, proceed to some of our favorite recipes! We love Dr. BBQ’s Coffee Rubbed Brisket, Famous Dave’s Sticky Ribs and Virginia Willis’ Pulled Pork. Pair with this cheesy favorite for a winning way to start off May!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

OT: The other uses for a Thermapen

2»

Comments

• CanuggheadCanugghead Posts: 4,554
    EvansEgger Thanks for that. And just so everybody knows Photobucket is compacting my pics sideways so I didn't orter a special "Little Steven" short-ass thermapen
    Just click on it and watch it grow! btw, I've never seen a cracked thermapen before  @-)
    canuckland
    ·
  • NibbleMeThisNibbleMeThis Posts: 2,246
    Making sure water is the right temp for blooming yeast for baking.
    ·
  • rustypottsrustypotts Posts: 265
    I use mine to test the water temp when I'm filling my stockpot for use with my sous vide machine.
    ·
  • Solson005Solson005 Posts: 1,906
    I use mine to make tea every morning. 
    Large & Small BGE, CGW Two-Tier Swing Rack for BOTH EGGS, Spider for the Wok, eggCARTen & and Cedar Pergola my Eggs call home in Edmond, OK. 
    ·
  • bodskibodski Posts: 353
    checking water and wort temps while homebrewing

Cincinnati

LBGE, Weber Kettle, Weber Gasser

·
  • bodskibodski Posts: 353
    Making sure the Neti pot is at perfect temp

Cincinnati

LBGE, Weber Kettle, Weber Gasser

·