Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
April showers bring...National BBQ Month! Are you ready for a month full of briskets, pulled pork and chicken wings? We hope so, because it’s almost here! Keep an eye out for some of our favorite BBQ recipes we’ll be sharing with you throughout the month of May.

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Deep dish pizza stone

BeckyBecky Posts: 2
First time using deep dish pizza stone. Bottom of pizza was burned use indirect heat temp was 425 like receipe said what did I do wrong?
·

Comments

• ChubbsChubbs Posts: 4,868
    Did you have a spacer between platesetter and deep dish? Green ceramic feet, large lug nuts , foil balls
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
    ·
  • BeckyBecky Posts: 2
    No but like I said this was my first one but I will on Saturday when I try it again I will keep trying until I get it right
    ·
  • ChubbsChubbs Posts: 4,868

Use the setter legs up, grid, then your deep dish pan/stone. All will be good.

That too
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
    ·
  • MrCookingNurseMrCookingNurse Posts: 3,985
    Which recipe did you use? I'm making one tomorrow night.

LBGE & SBGE (big momma and pat)
    ·
  • BeckyBecky Posts: 2
    I used the only one I could find on the big green egg website
    ·
  • Clay QClay Q Posts: 4,418
    Try placing the deep dish higher in the dome, above the gasket level.  You could use fire bricks or a small plate setter legs down or the BGE raised grid.  
    Below is deep dish pizza in cast iron.

·