Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

egghead weightloss competition weigh in Monday

Comments

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,663
    178 this morning, took 22 days to break thru the 180 plateau
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • double
    double Posts: 1,214
    Lost 7lbs last week this no grain lifestyle is pretty good.
    Lynnwood WA
  • fletcherfam
    fletcherfam Posts: 935
    @double, way to go!!!

Still at 203, working out consistently. Ran 5 miles in training for my 1/2 marathon on June 29th. Not loosing weight, but my clothes fit better :).
  • JayHawkEye
    JayHawkEye Posts: 196
    No grain?!?! Ouch! Weight is staying constant, still lifting and playing basketball. I really wish I had more time and/or the weather was better to get out and golf. Walking 18 this weekend burnt a lot of calories. 
    "Take yourself lightly, but what you do seriously." - M. Martin XL BGE - Johnston, IA
  • Pjoe
    Pjoe Posts: 224
    Is it too late to join? I just found the thread. Started weight loss effort Tuesday at 205 with a goal of 180.
    LBGE AR SMALL BGE WOO RING
  • Still holding steady at 192ish.  I've hit a plateaued here for a few weeks.  Still working out hard but I can tell my legs are in a muscle building mode right now which is why I think my weight hasn't continued to drop.  

I'm sticking with the treadmill 4-5 days per week.  I've been spending 30-45 minutes with the incline set somewhere between 10 and 15 and bouncing back and forth between a fast walk and slow jog.  Talk about a workout and my knees are feeling much better than they did when I was only running on flat treadmill.  I strapped on my heartrate monitor and I'm actually burning more calories with the walk/jog on the incline than I was running flat!

Keep after it everyone!
  • Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Still holding steady at 193, but I'm getting thinner somehow. Dropped a pant size, bout to drop another. Brought my blood sugar down to 105 the other day. Still need to drop it a bit further.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Griffin said:

Still holding steady at 193, but I'm getting thinner somehow. Dropped a pant size, bout to drop another. Brought my blood sugar down to 105 the other day. Still need to drop it a bit further.

Griffin, you're doing it right!
  • fletcherfam
    @pjoe, this ended a few weeks back. We are still posting on how the weightloss is going for us though.
  • fletcherfam
    Well folks, it ain't Monday, but I am happy to say I am no longer in the 200# range!! Weighed myself this morning and am at 199!!!! Been about a year + since I have been this size. Still have the goal of about 165 or so.
  • fishlessman
    congrats, the 200 was the tough one for me to break, the next 20 seems easier after that hurdle. then i got stuck at 180
    :))  sunny weekends and beer arent helping at all
    fukahwee maine

• fletcherfam
    @fishlessman, yea this weekend is supposed to be gorgeous up here, 70s to 80s both days. Luckily my wife has requested steak for dinners so I will do a little meat and maybe do some grilled veggies with it.
  • JayHawkEye

The best thing that I found while getting back into the swing of exercising was how much better it made me want to eat/be. Every time I crossed a 5# milestone it made me want to keep going that much more.

"Take yourself lightly, but what you do seriously." - M. Martin XL BGE - Johnston, IA
  • fletcherfam
    Still at 199, enjoyed food this weekend, not too much, but ABTs, smoked meatballs, and a few adult beverages did me in.

That and worked on the tent trailer so didn't get my long run in on Saturday.
  • Mr Holloway
    Mr Holloway Posts: 2,034
    edited May 2013

Hardly any time to eat right now.

Been out on the bike, a bit too,

195lbs and holding

Shane

• JayHawkEye
    Judged my first KCBS competition of the year this weekend. Had some good Q, but there was a lot of salt with it! Weight spiked up above 170 on Sunday, back down to 168 this morning.
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Judged my first KCBS competition of the year this weekend. Had some good Q, but there was a lot of salt with it! Weight spiked up above 170 on Sunday, back down to 168 this morning.
    Salt, meet water. ;)
  • Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    Just wanted to drop in and say I am proud and envious of all of you. Our hobby (egging), by nature tends to lead to some unhealthy food and increased alcohol consumption. I need to hop on this bandwagon. 212lbs. Would like to be 185. You guys are an inspiration--- you can egg and be healthy! ??!
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • fletcherfam
    @chubbs, yep sure can! I haven't really changed what I egg honestly, it is how much of it I eat that I changed. When I make chicken, that is as a part of a meal, not the main course anymore. If I make meatloaf (super bad for you), I take one slice and have a couple of veggies with it. If I make ABTs, well all bets are off on those!

Anyway you get the point.
  • Griffin
    Good job for everybody that's keeping at it. We had a cold front blow in Wednesday and I didn't get to ride my bike Thursday or Friday due to cold and lots of wind. out of town guests resulted in me eating like crap all weekend and too many beverages, but was good yesterday. This morning I was still at 193 and blood glucose was down to 94 (third time below 100, 91 on Saturday) Maybe if I keep this up, when I see the Doc Friday he'll let me eat a burger or a pizza every now and again.

Rowlett, Texas

• fishlessman
    Griffin said:
    Good job for everybody that's keeping at it. We had a cold front blow in Wednesday and I didn't get to ride my bike Thursday or Friday due to cold and lots of wind. out of town guests resulted in me eating like crap all weekend and too many beverages, but was good yesterday. This morning I was still at 193 and blood glucose was down to 94 (third time below 100, 91 on Saturday) Maybe if I keep this up, when I see the Doc Friday he'll let me eat a burger or a pizza every now and again.
    something i remember from years ago reading atkins origional book, if your going to eat a piece of bread your blood sugar is more stable if you add fat to it as in use extra butter on that roll or extra fatty burger with bacon etc.     something i learned thru this recent diet is mct oils, the fat in it is easily burned compared to regular fats, your body might jump on that quicker than the carbs for energy and a little is easy to add to salad dressings
    fukahwee maine

• Griffin
    What are mct oils? Never mind, just looked it up. I recently bought some coconut oil, but haven't had a chance to use it yet.

Rowlett, Texas

• fishlessman
    this is the pure stuff, it really improved the energy levels when my last dog was going down. you have to find it online though as the pharmacies prices are outrageous. its good for weightloss as well. now sports is the name brand
    fukahwee maine

• fletcherfam
    @griffin, we love coconut oil in our house, works amazing as a substitute on chicken. We rub it on then put our rub on, everyone loves it.
  • fishlessman
    fukahwee maine

• J_Que
    J_Que Posts: 223
    Gonna throw my hat into the ring next week, but only after a weekend of cooking a packer on Friday/Sat and ribs for Mom on Sunday. Got to get that last minute fix in. Looking to loose 15lbs.
    I know all the rules, but the rules do not know me.

Small, Medium, 2 Large, XL ,Stumps XL Stretch, Workhorse 1975
  • J_Que
    J_Que Posts: 223
    Chubbs said:
    Just wanted to drop in and say I am proud and envious of all of you. Our hobby (egging), by nature tends to lead to some unhealthy food and increased alcohol consumption. I need to hop on this bandwagon. 212lbs. Would like to be 185. You guys are an inspiration--- you can egg and be healthy! ??!

You might have to change your screen name if you get to 185! :-)
    I know all the rules, but the rules do not know me.

Small, Medium, 2 Large, XL ,Stumps XL Stretch, Workhorse 1975
  • fishlessman
    been holding at 178 for almost a month now, building the muscle back that i lost during the diet with the dumbbells, lunch is a 50 minute walk with scotch eggs or chicken terryaki depending which way i walk that day.  still hate anything cardio
    :)) avoid it like the plague
    fukahwee maine

• fletcherfam
    Weighed myself today, at 196. Getting there. Moved the 1/2 marathon to September as I strained my calf running (fail). Hoping to get down to 170 by race day
  • fishlessman
    well last week was a good/bad week. lots of beer, margaritas,fireballs, lemoncello, buca, ham, potato au gratin, lasagna, fried fish, beans, chili, eggs and sausage/bacon,buffalo wings, sandwiches and close to a hundred fishing hours. added 8 pounds
    :))
    fukahwee maine