Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

egg patina

havent used this egg since december, took a whole bag of lump just to warm it up and dry it out

aint she beautiful

·

Comments

• EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 11,406
    I've never seen an egg cry so hard for it's owner.

She must have really missed you.
    ·
  • CowdogsCowdogs Posts: 488
    You leave your egg outside and uncovered?  Pic's like this have been posted before, and they kind of amaze me.
    ·
  • tazcrashtazcrash Posts: 1,851
    I've never seen an egg cry so hard for it's owner. She must have really missed you.
    =))

That one there must have some stories to tell. 
    Bx - > NJ ->TX!!! 
    All to get cheaper brisket! 
    ·
  • egger aveegger ave Posts: 580
    I power washed my BGE's because of few stains yesterday. This BGE makes my eggs look great.Thanks for posting and making my Monday.
    1 Large BGE, 1 Mini BGE, 1 Minimax BGE, Original wife and 4 dogs living in the heart of BBQ country in Round Rock Texas. "Friends don't let friends cook with propane"
    ·
  • I name this egg...  "Rusty"

·
  • The Cen-Tex SmokerThe Cen-Tex Smoker Posts: 12,712
    edited April 2013
    Cowdogs said:
    You leave your egg outside and uncovered?  Pic's like this have been posted before, and they kind of amaze me.

mine hasn't had a cover for 8 years or so. not under a roof of any kind. I never go longer than a few days without using its so it still looks great.Had to rebuld my table (god rest it's soul) 3 times during that same span but the egg looks great. I also use a drip pan for my butts :)

·
  • EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 11,406
    Egg and family services should pick up that egg and place it in a better home where it is not abused. Poor little thing!
    I will gladly volunteer to foster this poor egg.
    ·
  • fishlessmanfishlessman Posts: 17,295
    before i lit it saturday it was spotless, that all came out trying to get it up to temp. took so long to get it up to a low and slow temp that i gave up and made spaghetti
    :)) sunday i walk by it and went whoaaa
    ·
  • FockerFocker Posts: 1,907
    Cowdogs said:

I wonder what the inside of his house looks like?  :)) (j/k fishless)

I name this egg...  "Rusty"
    or Crusty
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    Hollin' bout huh, egga what!?  Huh, give a Fock egga what!?
    ·
  • Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 27,352
    before i lit it saturday it was spotless, that all came out trying to get it up to temp. took so long to get it up to a low and slow temp that i gave up and made spaghetti
    How U gonna get that shiznet offa there?

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • fishlessmanfishlessman Posts: 17,295

How U gonna get that shiznet offa there?
    im hoping it rains during the week
    :D im not sure what will clean that other than maybe some scotchbrite
    ·
  • Mama RoneckMama Roneck Posts: 356
    I also leave mine uncovered and it occasionally weeps like that, but it's gone after it rains.
    Mamaroneck
    ·
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 14,571
    @thecen-texsmoker

Rebuild three times? Better stay with Dickies or have TFJ build the next one

Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
    ·
  • tazcrashtazcrash Posts: 1,851
    henapple said:
    @thecen-texsmoker Rebuild three times? Better stay with Dickies or have TFJ build the next one
    Oooooh..... BURN!!!!!!

Whoops. sorry about that. ;)

Bx - > NJ ->TX!!! 
    All to get cheaper brisket! 
    ·