Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Bacon Cheeseburger Meatloaf

little friday night gem... 

i grinded up 50/50 pork shoulder / chuck steak
mixed it up with a few eggs, bread crumbs, red onion, worchestire sauce, dijon mustard. 
stuffed it with two cheeses,  one local cow milk cheese soft and nutty, the other american slices. 
wrapped a bacon weave back brace on the bottom side. 
popped it on the grill with hickory & apple chunks at 300f, it went down to 250f but it kept between that temp for the 1 hour and 10min cook time.
put it on a rosemary focaccia "bun" and topped with homemade aioli, ketchup and arugula with a side of sweet potato fries. 
living large...

·

Comments

• caneggercanegger Posts: 537
    That looks delicious. Love the bacon weave.
    ·
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 16,466
    You are my new BFF :x never liked that VI chick anyway.
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

·
  • Mmmm.  Does the name Pavlov ring a bell? 

Ernie McClain

Scottsbluff, Nebraska

(in the extreme western panhandle of NE)

·
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 14,564
    wow....
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
    ·
  • lousubcaplousubcap Posts: 6,635
    edited April 2013
    Now that is a winner-pork, beef, cheese and the binder bacon with sides as well.  If I were in the position of "the last meal" that would rank right up there.  Nicely done-and borrowed!
    Louisville   L & S BGEs 
    ·
  • bccomstockbccomstock Posts: 336
    Did you use the KitchenAid grinder attachment? I've been thinking about getting one.. If so, how well does it work?
    LBGE
    MS Gulf Coast - Proud member of the Who Dat Nation!
    My Not Frequently Updated Blog: http://datcue.wordpress.com
    ·
  • Dyal_SCDyal_SC Posts: 2,580
    Yes, please!!!
    ·
  • hapsterhapster Posts: 7,052
    Sounds great... What grinder did u use?
    ·
  • Thanks guys.

I use the metal kitchen aid grinder attachment, love it. really worth the money, now i just need to stop being lazy and make sausages. 
    ·
  • shtgunal3shtgunal3 Posts: 2,902
    Mighty fine loaf you got there!

LBGE,SBGE, and a mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

·
  • Solson005Solson005 Posts: 1,907
    That looks great! =P~
    Large & Small BGE, CGW Two-Tier Swing Rack for BOTH EGGS, Spider for the Wok, eggCARTen & and Cedar Pergola my Eggs call home in Edmond, OK. 
    ·
  • GriffinGriffin Posts: 6,958
    ^:)^  That looks scrum-didalee-umptious!!

Richardson, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

·
  • daffy1909daffy1909 Posts: 454
    very nice!! might have to try this!! need something different in the lunch bag for work! tired of plain ole sandwiches!
    ·
  • SmokeyPittSmokeyPitt Posts: 6,845
    :-j
    Everythings better with a bacon weave.  Well done sir! 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

·
  • ScottborasjrScottborasjr Posts: 2,911
    God that looks good, think a all beef version in my future as there's 2 pounds of beef in my fridge that needs to be cooked.
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
    ·