Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re feeling pretty super, how about you? The big game is fast approaching, and while we love football, we love an excuse to invite people over and cook even more! You too can cook like a champion with recipes from Dr. BBQ’s NFL Gameday Cookbook: Grilled Tuna Sandwiches from Seattle and Baked Brie from New England. Who’s going to win? You’ll have to cook both to find out.

The 17th Annual EGGtoberfest was amazing - here are the highlights Click Here

egg patina

havent used this egg since december, took a whole bag of lump just to warm it up and dry it out

aint she beautiful

·

Comments

• EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 9,951
    I've never seen an egg cry so hard for it's owner.

She must have really missed you.
    ·
  • CowdogsCowdogs Posts: 473
    You leave your egg outside and uncovered?  Pic's like this have been posted before, and they kind of amaze me.
    ·
  • tazcrashtazcrash Posts: 1,847
    I've never seen an egg cry so hard for it's owner. She must have really missed you.
    =))

That one there must have some stories to tell. 
    Bx - > NJ ->TX!!! 
    All to get cheaper brisket! 
    ·
  • egger aveegger ave Posts: 539
    I power washed my BGE's because of few stains yesterday. This BGE makes my eggs look great.Thanks for posting and making my Monday.
    1 Large BGE, 1 Mini BGE, Original wife and 4 dogs living in the heart of BBQ country in Round Rock Texas. "Friends don't let friends cook with propane"
    ·
  • I name this egg...  "Rusty"

·
  • The Cen-Tex SmokerThe Cen-Tex Smoker Posts: 12,043
    edited April 2013
    Cowdogs said:
    You leave your egg outside and uncovered?  Pic's like this have been posted before, and they kind of amaze me.

mine hasn't had a cover for 8 years or so. not under a roof of any kind. I never go longer than a few days without using its so it still looks great.Had to rebuld my table (god rest it's soul) 3 times during that same span but the egg looks great. I also use a drip pan for my butts :)

·
  • EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 9,951
    Egg and family services should pick up that egg and place it in a better home where it is not abused. Poor little thing!
    I will gladly volunteer to foster this poor egg.
    ·
  • fishlessmanfishlessman Posts: 16,388
    before i lit it saturday it was spotless, that all came out trying to get it up to temp. took so long to get it up to a low and slow temp that i gave up and made spaghetti
    :)) sunday i walk by it and went whoaaa
    ·
  • FockerFocker Posts: 1,628
    Cowdogs said:

I wonder what the inside of his house looks like?  :)) (j/k fishless)

I name this egg...  "Rusty"
    or Crusty
    "Our houses are protected by the Good Lord and a gun.
     And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son."--Josh Thompson

Brandon
    Quad Cities

·
  • Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 26,914
    before i lit it saturday it was spotless, that all came out trying to get it up to temp. took so long to get it up to a low and slow temp that i gave up and made spaghetti
    How U gonna get that shiznet offa there?

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • fishlessmanfishlessman Posts: 16,388

How U gonna get that shiznet offa there?
    im hoping it rains during the week
    :D im not sure what will clean that other than maybe some scotchbrite
    ·
  • Mama RoneckMama Roneck Posts: 346
    I also leave mine uncovered and it occasionally weeps like that, but it's gone after it rains.
    Mamaroneck
    ·
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 12,820
    @thecen-texsmoker

Rebuild three times? Better stay with Dickies or have TFJ build the next one

Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
    ·
  • tazcrashtazcrash Posts: 1,847
    henapple said:
    @thecen-texsmoker Rebuild three times? Better stay with Dickies or have TFJ build the next one
    Oooooh..... BURN!!!!!!

Whoops. sorry about that. ;)

Bx - > NJ ->TX!!! 
    All to get cheaper brisket! 
    ·