Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Hop on down to your nearest EGG dealer this week to pick up some Easter EGGcessories! Here are a few that may be useful for Easter, the V-rack, electric charcoal lighter and flexible skewers! Now that Spring is in the air, it's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Saturday Results - First Butt with pics

With thanks to @ChalieTuna and @Mickey - I attempted my first pork butt this weekend.  The results were good with some lessons learned as well.  I have a new appreciation for the Thermapen.  All of the buy suggestions on this site for that tool are right on.  I think the next time I try this I will increase the amount of rub and seek to be more patient before going to the foil cook.  Also, I need heavy duty aluminum foil.

Here are the results

The pork, the sides (layered salad and slaw from a Dillard House Recipe) and finally the plated - sorry photo wasn't so great and I was ready to eat.

The result was the family loved it - my two little girls used every excuse possible to say "pork Butt" never just pork.

I found a mustard sauce and vinegar sauce that I made Friday night and like the Mustard best - a simple mix from About.com.

Comments