Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Saturday Results - First Butt with pics

With thanks to @ChalieTuna and @Mickey - I attempted my first pork butt this weekend.  The results were good with some lessons learned as well.  I have a new appreciation for the Thermapen.  All of the buy suggestions on this site for that tool are right on.  I think the next time I try this I will increase the amount of rub and seek to be more patient before going to the foil cook.  Also, I need heavy duty aluminum foil.

Here are the results

The pork, the sides (layered salad and slaw from a Dillard House Recipe) and finally the plated - sorry photo wasn't so great and I was ready to eat.

The result was the family loved it - my two little girls used every excuse possible to say "pork Butt" never just pork.

I found a mustard sauce and vinegar sauce that I made Friday night and like the Mustard best - a simple mix from About.com.

Comments