Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone enjoyed their Fourth of July weekend and is excited for more warm weather grilling! This week, we’ll be making these two burgers: Stuffed Portobello Mushroom and Caribbean Chicken, and also eating lots of these Ice Cream Sandwiches in honor of National Ice Cream Month! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Ribeyes & Pigshots

Sunday afternoon cook. 2'' thick cut ribeyes were on sale at local butcher and could not pass them up. Decided to make some pigshots for my friend who had never tried them.

Cooked steaks indirect at 300(dome temp) until internal temp was about 110. Let rest while egg was getting up to about 750 or so. Seared for 90 seconds a side at stock grid height. Next time I'm only going about 60 seconds per side as they were more medium and i would rather have MR. I have cooked a lot of steaks on my egg but for some reason these were by far the best!

Pigshots speak for themselves!! There were some other sides but who cares about them!!  All in all a great cook and if I could only have one last meal....I think this would be it!

Comments