Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT: Way OT: Seaside Vs Orange Beach area

Mickey
Mickey Posts: 19,669
12 years in a row to Seaside. Anyone like Orange Beach area better?
Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

Comments

• Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,795
    I've been through the area many times, staying in Seagrove Beach, Destin, Panama City Beach, Perdido Key, etc.  The only reason to go to somewhere other than Seaside is to be closer to the water.  If you can get a place with a view in Orange Beach for the same price as Seaside (which you likely can) I'd probably go with the view and water proximity... which is exactly what we have done on our previous trips.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• Bullibe
    Bullibe Posts: 132
    I can't comment on Seaside but I love Orange Beach. I live in Gulf Shores, which is just to the west, and most of the boats I work on are in Orange Beach.
    Redneck Riviera, Gulf Shores, Alabama
  • Village Idiot
    Village Idiot Posts: 6,959
    A real Texan would go to S. Padre.

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• travisstrick
    travisstrick Posts: 5,002
    Check out portifino on Pensacola beach. That's where I would stay.
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,629
    I absolutely love Orange Beach and Gulf Shores. Never been to Seaside. Check out Turquoise Place @ Orange Beach. It's only a couple years old and really nice. We stayed there last year.

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    I like Okaloosa Island.. Ft Walton is close for groceries and liquor and the restaurants of Destin are only 10 minutes away.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • Whaler
    Whaler Posts: 110
    Check out portifino on Pensacola beach. That's where I would stay.
    And Chicken Bone Beach is just up the street!
    Pensacola,FL
  • For me it is definitely Seaside over Orange Beach.  30A area is really nice.  Every now and then we will stay at Villa Coyaba in Destin if the 30A beaches are overly eroded or cannot find a place on the water.

"America has only three cities: New York, San Francisco, and New Orleans. Everywhere else is Cleveland." -Tennessee Williams
  • Heading to Navarre Beach this summer.  East of Pensacola, but only 50 min from Orange Beach.  Will see Dave Matthews, John Butler Trio, and N. Mississippi Allstars at the Wharf in Orange Beach.

GEAUX TIGERS!!!!!!!!!

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    mountaindewbass we are still talking FL; correct?
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot Posts: 6,959
    edited April 2013
    Mickey,

I recommended South Padre to you.

It was only after some Google research that I realized that there are no nude beaches that are exclusively reserved for people over 60 in Texas.  Florida is the closest place.

My bad.

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• Que_n_Brew
    Que_n_Brew Posts: 578
    I live in Texas but I'm a transplant from Mississippi. I have been going to that area every year of my life (with the exception of the BP oil spill year. I go with family (there are over 20 of us). We enjoy Orange Beach area (stay in Perdido, FL). Less night scene...more family friendly.
    PROUD MEMBER OF THE WHO DAT NATION!