Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Oak Smoked Beef Ribs (lots of pix)

Options
Dyal_SC
Dyal_SC Posts: 6,052

You cannot beat this incredible weather.  This was probably the prettiest day all year long.  I wish every weekend could be this awesome.  :)  After church this morning, my wife and I did our usual thing and stopped by Publix to pick up lunch and something for dinner.  I spotted a nice rack of beef ribs that were nice and meaty...couldn't beat the price of $7.50 either.  :)

Put it on the Egg at around 11:30 AM....it was dusted down with a spicy beef rub, and smoked low and slow with some Whiskey Barrel Oak Chips for smoke. 

I knew I wanted to glaze this with something towards the end.  I was going to come up with my own concoction, but I forgot I had the Stubbs Steakhouse Marinade in my fridge....figured it would go well on the beef ribs. 

Basted the ribs at around an internal temp of 170 deg f.

Once they hit around a 200 deg internal temp, the probe was sliding in and out like butter....

Gave them a final baste at this point, then FTC while the beans smoked up....

These are Bush's Brown Sugar and Bourbon Grilling Beans....I put them on the Egg to cook up so they would get a nice kiss of smoke.

Served up with some Potato Salad. 

Dang good beef ribs!  :)

Comments