Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re feeling pretty super, how about you? The big game is fast approaching, and while we love football, we love an excuse to invite people over and cook even more! You too can cook like a champion with recipes from Dr. BBQ’s NFL Gameday Cookbook: Grilled Tuna Sandwiches from Seattle and Baked Brie from New England. Who’s going to win? You’ll have to cook both to find out.

The 17th Annual EGGtoberfest was amazing - here are the highlights Click Here

Brisket and Butt at the same time. Thoughts?

Thinking about doing an overnight low and slow with a butt on a raised rack and a Brisket on the bottom grid. Has this been done before? Thoughts? Words of wisdom..Advice Please...
PROUD MEMBER OF THE WHO DAT NATION!!!!! Stuck in Dallas.......
·

Comments

• AltonAlton Posts: 431
    Thinking about using this set up
    image.jpg
    2592 x 1936 - 2M
    ·
  • bccomstockbccomstock Posts: 332
    Are you wanting them to finish around the same time?  Are they the same size?  Maybe I'm offbase, but I would probably put the larger piece on top since higher in the dome is hotter.. But a butt is alot more forgiving than a brisket, so you have to take that into account as well.
    LBGE
    MS Gulf Coast - Proud member of the Who Dat Nation!
    My Not Frequently Updated Blog: http://datcue.wordpress.com
    ·
  • AltonAlton Posts: 431
    @bccomstock I didn't think about weight. I was thinking more of having the Pig fat drip down over the beef. Since I'm doing this for a party I'm planing on FTC for both, so not sure if it matters which finishes first. But hell I'm not convinced of anything at this point...still researching WHO DAT!
    ·
  • GA_DawgsGA_Dawgs Posts: 273
    edited April 2013
    Alton, two thoughts on this. At 250 dome and brisket on top you will be close to 1.25 hrs per lb. butt on the bottom would be closer to 225-235. Other thought is switch the two and have pork fat dripping on brisket. Dome near 275 will help them be done around the same time. Just my $.02. I'm sure someone else who had done it will be on to weigh in soon.
    ·
  • Dave in FloridaDave in Florida Posts: 785
    edited April 2013
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Welcome to the Swamp.....GO GATORS!!!!
    ·
  • pgprescottpgprescott Posts: 575
    I would do brisket over butt and fat down for me. The butt will further buffer the delicate brsket flat. From any direct heat. My 2 cents. The barks might suffer a bit. I guess we'll see. Good luck
    ·