Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Are you happy it’s finally National BBQ Month? While we like to BBQ year round, May is our favorite because the whole country is celebrating delicious food. If you’re new to cooking BBQ on your EGG, check out our Smoking Basics Publication...if not, proceed to some of our favorite recipes! We love Dr. BBQ’s Coffee Rubbed Brisket, Famous Dave’s Sticky Ribs and Virginia Willis’ Pulled Pork. Pair with this cheesy favorite for a winning way to start off May!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Cleaning Composite Shelves

Does anyone have composite shelves on their Egg - and if so how do you clean them?

I've tried windex/paper towel, damp rag etc. Doesn't work well - they seem to be almost porous.

·

Comments

• Charlie tunaCharlie tuna Posts: 2,191
    Consider making a templete and having your local sheet metal shop cut you some stainless steel to cover them.  It's easy to clean and food safe.  Have them dress the edges to a smooth finish.
    ·
  • StevStev Posts: 36

cheap oven cleaner will look like brand new

·
  • U_tardedU_tarded Posts: 1,254
    Someone on here cant remember his handle used barkeepers friend to clean them. there was a big thread about all sorts of different ideas like 3 or 4 months ago.
    ·
  • SpringramSpringram Posts: 417
    Simple Green keep mine "clean as a whistle", whatever that means. Works great for mine.

Springtam
    Spring, Texas
    LBGE and Mini
    ·
  • Nature BoyNature Boy Posts: 8,337
    Greased Lightning works like a charm. 
    Cheers!
    Chris
    DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    ·
  • DIXIEDOGDIXIEDOG Posts: 109
    Springram said:
    Simple Green keep mine "clean as a whistle", whatever that means. Works great for mine.

Simple Green for me too, the composite shelves are very easy to keep looking new....I think they hold up quite a bit better than the wood ones.

·