Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re halfway through National Barbecue Month and loving every minute of it. We hope you’ve had some time to try out some new recipes and enjoy a few old favorites as well. If you’d a couple tips on smoking meat, check out our Smoking Basics Publication. For delicious recipes, try Justin Moore’s BBQ Shrimp, Greg Bate’s BBQ Dr. Pepper Chicken, Bobby Flay’s Chicken Thighs or Dr. BBQ’s new Maple Brined Pork Chops. Need dessert? Finish off your meal with some Planked Twinkies. Have a great rest of May & get ready for some fun summer happenings!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Need Ham Steak ideas!

How would you suggest doing these?  I am going to buy some today and need some ideas!  Rubs, set up, prep, cook time and temps, etc.

Thanks,
Casey

·

Comments

• The only way we've ever done ham steaks is on the stove in a CI skillet using a little butter and plenty of maple syrup. Depending on how thick your slices are they can become overcooked and dry pretty easily.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.
    This is what I will be cooking.  Think it can be made great?  It is about 1/2" thick.

·
  • thetrimthetrim Posts: 1,066
    I've made that several times for breakfast and usually do a little S&P or fav BBQ rub.  Grill direct on 350 dome for a few mins a side.  Cooks very fast.  Serve for breakfast as a side meat or part of breakfast taco.
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14
    Tampa Bay, FL
    ·