Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

LBGE Table

First time Egg owner

Just a basic table, but spiced up a little. Cypress Lumber, screwed, and glued w/ plugged fasteners, Cabots Australian Timber Oil Finish, 3" Stainless Casters, 3cm Bordeaux Granite, and used the granite cut out for the egg to set the egg on.

Looking forward to my first cook this weekend!!!!! Hoping to learn some great recipies, and ideas from you "egg" veterans.

imageimageimageimageimage

Comments

• Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    One of my favorite tables I have seen yet. May need some storage after a year of egging and accumulating eggsessories, but table is solid. Nicely done! Go Cocks
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • Thanks Chubbs..... Oh no Gamecocks.... There goes the neighborhood !!!! haha
  • HogHeaven
    HogHeaven Posts: 326
    edited April 2013
    That top is beautiful... Very classy. I suggest that for the first day... Don't cook anything at all. If I were you I would take a day and fire that beauty up and just learn to control the temp. Learn how to maintain the Egg at 225 degrees - where you get to that temp and hold it there for an hour. Then... Move it up to 325 degrees and hold it for an hour. Then move up to 425 degrees and hold it for an hour. I would also suggest to do all of that with you daisy wheel in the same position with the big hinged part closed but the little holes wide open. That way you are controlling the temp with just your bottom vent. Don't start with a raging fire. Light one starter and put it in the middle and let the fire start slowly. Get it to 225 and learn where your vent will stop it from climbing past 225 degrees. Then work it up. You will learn that reducing the temp is a long process. After you learn the bottom vent temp control the daisy wheel is a piece of cake. It just makes little changes for you. Once you are confident with temp control... You are ready to cook. There are Tons of recipes posted on this site and on others, finding recipes is not a challenge at all. Post what meat or veggie you are going to cook and ask for suggestions and your thread will fill up. The website that is dedicated to all of the details of BBQ and I think the most informative of the ALL... Is Amazingribs.com, a close second is nakedwhiz.com. If you scour those 2 sites and this one... You will be a backyard Chef before you know it. Happy Egging my friend and welcome the party!
  • HH. I appreciate your advise, very good I must add.

I'm going to grill a butt this weekend, I'll take your advise, and play witht he temps tomorrow, and get used to it. Thank you very much. 

• HogHeaven
    HogHeaven Posts: 326
    Doing a butt is a long low and slow cook. There is a lot to do to properly prepare your Egg for that kind of cook. This article will prepare you better than any other I have ever found for cooking butt/shoulders on your BGE. I highly recommend that you read this closely paying special attention to how to fill your fire box for this cook. If you do it right you can do a 16 hour cook and have 25% of your lump left for your next cook. Do it wrong and sometimes you have to stop the cook to put more lump in. Have fun with your first butt cook... http://www.nakedwhiz.com/elder.htm
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    I love the bottom shelf. Many times it seems like an afterthought but your's adds to the beauty of the table.

Quality work.
  • JPakaPope
    JPakaPope Posts: 32
    Did you use the natural Australian timber oil?
    Ames, Iowa
  • shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,629
    Nice table and Roll Tide!

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• ae3753
    ae3753 Posts: 1
    Beautiful table!  Really impressive, and I like how you used the cut out.
  • Hi54putty
    Hi54putty Posts: 1,873
    Really sharp
    XL,L,S 
    Winston-Salem, NC 
  • Thanks for the comments.... J.. I did use the natural Timber Oil. I had to wait a couple of weeks on the granite fab, so with some time to burn, I put 4 coats on the table, and used up my quart of oil.... lol Gave it more of a amber hue than I would have liked, but it's all good :)

Hey sht..... Auburn will probably win one today..... lol 

• That table looks amazing,  you did a very nice job on it.  Looks like many years of egging on that bad boy.
  • six_egg
    six_egg Posts: 1,110
    Awesome table.

XLBGE, LBGE 

Fernandina Beach, FL

• Hibby
    Hibby Posts: 606
    Hey @wareagle62, do you have plans for this table? It looks great and I'd really like to consider making one like it.
    I cook. I eat. I repeat. Thornville, Ohio
  • SmokinDAWG82
    SmokinDAWG82 Posts: 1,705
    Nice table man, Happy Egging
    LBGE
    Go Dawgs! - Marietta, GA
  • CharlieTN
    CharlieTN Posts: 177
    That is one beautiful table.  Should serve you well, and look awesome at the same time.  
  • WarEagle62
    WarEagle62 Posts: 13

Thanks for all the comments.

Hibby, I don't have any plans. I took the table drawing from the BGE website, and modified it. I ripped 2x4's into 2x2's for the bottom shelf, to get a different look, and got the stainless casters from Caster City online. I was happy with the way it turned out, but would have got the 4" casters instead of the 3". It rolls fine like it is, but would have looked better with the 4". Caster City offers a "center mount" caster. The plate mount caster usually locates the fastners at the outer edge of the 4x4 legs. The center mount attaches the caster with a 1/2" x 2 1/2" Lag screw through the center of the caster. It's worth looking into. :)

• Hibby
    Hibby Posts: 606
    Great! Thanks for your help!
    I cook. I eat. I repeat. Thornville, Ohio
  • Motoboss
    Motoboss Posts: 19
    edited June 2013

I really like your table WarEagle62! So much so I'm stealing the frame design!!!

Just came from the wood mill and having a one piece top and bottom put together out of Tiger Maple. I made the top 58"L x 26"W and the frame will be based on your desing using Tiger Maple stringer boards and Ash 4x4 legs.

Now to wait until next week while the top is made.........

Is this thing on? I see smoke.........
  • WarEagle62
    WarEagle62 Posts: 13
    Thanks Motoboss..... Be sure to post some pics. Would love to see how the Tiger Maple / Ash turns out.
  • Drewdlc17
    Drewdlc17 Posts: 124
    Nice Table!!!! WDE!!!!
  • Buckdodger
    Buckdodger Posts: 957
    Drewdlc17 said:
    Nice Table!!!! WDE!!!!
    Really nice table !!! WWWWDDDDEEEE!!!!

Opelika, Alabama
  • CAT Seller
    CAT Seller Posts: 208
    That is a great looking table! What is the investment?
    If it ain't a CAT, it's a dog!!! 2 LBGE's & BGE Backyard Chef Edition Cart
  • nealcr1
    nealcr1 Posts: 198
    Nice work. WDE
    Mini Max, Medium BGE, Large BGE, Lodge Cast Iron Sportsman, Digi Q II, Woo 2, AR with Oval setup