Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope you all got to celebrate those tasty food holidays last week, we sure enjoyed them! We are even more excited about the beginning of fall, for so many reasons, but mainly for experiencing the cool, crisp air while being outside cooking up the best recipes the season has to offer. We especially love these Beer Pork Tenderloin and Ground Beef Acorn Squash recipes! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

I'm sold on brining...

Now I know that the Big Green Egg is awesome at cooking without drying out the meat, but that dose little on it's own to impart flavor (aside from the smoky flavor of burning lump and/or wood). Brining on the other hand adds even more moisture with the added benefit of infusing the flavors of your choice into the meat. This video is of the 8lb bone in turkey breast I smoked yesterday 20 minutes into it's 30 minute rest. My 7 year old is sold as well, before I began brining and cooking turkey on the BGE he didn't like turkey... now he begs me to make it.

Every time my elbow bends my mouth flies open.

Comments