Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Who’s ready for September? We’re ready as ever for football season! Check out our tailgating page for recipes that are great to bring to a tailgate, or cook at home if you’re entertaining friends during a game. Either way they’re sure to become a fan favorite! We couldn’t forget about Labor Day...we have recipes and cook out ideas to celebrate the long weekend no matter what you’re doing. And lastly, be sure to cook up a batch (or five) of bacon for National Bacon Day! We can’t wait to fall into cooler weather with you!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

I'm sold on brining...

Now I know that the Big Green Egg is awesome at cooking without drying out the meat, but that dose little on it's own to impart flavor (aside from the smoky flavor of burning lump and/or wood). Brining on the other hand adds even more moisture with the added benefit of infusing the flavors of your choice into the meat. This video is of the 8lb bone in turkey breast I smoked yesterday 20 minutes into it's 30 minute rest. My 7 year old is sold as well, before I began brining and cooking turkey on the BGE he didn't like turkey... now he begs me to make it.

Every time my elbow bends my mouth flies open.

Comments

• +1 for me. Huge difference.

• ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.

Delta B.C. - Vee-Gan: old Indian word for poor hunter.