Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Need Ham Steak ideas!

Options
How would you suggest doing these?  I am going to buy some today and need some ideas!  Rubs, set up, prep, cook time and temps, etc.

Thanks,
Casey

Comments

• TexanOfTheNorth
    Options
    The only way we've ever done ham steaks is on the stove in a CI skillet using a little butter and plenty of maple syrup. Depending on how thick your slices are they can become overcooked and dry pretty easily.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.
    Options
    This is what I will be cooking.  Think it can be made great?  It is about 1/2" thick.

• thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    I've made that several times for breakfast and usually do a little S&P or fav BBQ rub.  Grill direct on 350 dome for a few mins a side.  Cooks very fast.  Serve for breakfast as a side meat or part of breakfast taco.
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95