Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Restaurant Depot

SteveWPBFL
SteveWPBFL Posts: 1,327
edited April 2013 in EggHead Forum
Anybody a member? We're looking into signing up with the wife's cotrage business. But we're hearing the portions are too large for a family?

Comments

• Cowdogs
    Cowdogs Posts: 491
    I live in just south of you in Delray, and yes I am a member.  Sign up for sure.  The charcoal & briskets are all sold individually, and pork shoulder are sold in 2 packs.  They have packer briskets which are not available in Publix.  The prices on all of these items is usually pretty good, and sometimes they are great.
  • tazcrash
    tazcrash Posts: 1,852
    edited April 2013
    I have a friend who is a member. decent proces on meat. Good time to use a spare freezer.  Also they have had some great sales on lobsters and no water added sea scallops
    Bx - > NJ ->TX!!! 
    All to get cheaper brisket! 
  • R2Egg2Q
    R2Egg2Q Posts: 2,136
    I have a membership. There are some things that are ridiculously large for a family (for example a 25 lb bag of Panko bread crumbs) but you can find some reasonably sized quality meats for a good price. I recently paid $2.43/lb for choice angus packers. You'll also find some more unique meats that you won't find at most grocers. If you have freezer space you can easily find yourself filling that space after a trip to RD.
    XL, Large, Small, Mini Eggs, Shirley Fabrication 24x36 Patio, Humphrey's Weekender, Karubecue C-60, MAK 1-Star General, Hasty Bake Gourmet, Santa Maria Grill, Webers: 14" WSM, 22.5" OTG, 22.5" Kettle Premium, WGA Charcoal, Summit S-620 NG

Bay Area, CA
  • I'm a member and I like the meat selections.  But yes some things I look at and say I'll never use that much.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Welcome to the Swamp.....GO GATORS!!!!
  • rcone
    rcone Posts: 219
    They have some great stuff, however the meat selection at the one in Milwaukee is fairly subpar. I just stick to stuff they are unable to contaminate with poor refrigeration. 

"Feed me, or feed me to something; I just want to be part of the food chain" Al Bundy

LBGE, SBGE, Carson Rotisserie, Blackstone Griddle  

Milwaukee, Wisconsin 
  • horseflesh
    horseflesh Posts: 206
    Definitely sign up, not all portions are too big. For example, we got a bag of frozen pot stickers just like you'd find at the store for $5, which I reckon is about half price. 

And, as mentioned, packer briskets too. 

Such a great place!
  • yvrbased
    yvrbased Posts: 13
    What are the rules for membership in restaurant depot?
  • beteez
    beteez Posts: 548
    Sign up some things like mushrooms are such great deals you come put ahead even with some waste. Great deals on charcoal & Prudhome Magic Blends. It is free to join so why not? Also great deals on Mozzarella for pizza  
  • rcone
    rcone Posts: 219
    You just need a tax id number for membership. 
    "Feed me, or feed me to something; I just want to be part of the food chain" Al Bundy

LBGE, SBGE, Carson Rotisserie, Blackstone Griddle  

Milwaukee, Wisconsin 
  • rdmudd
    rdmudd Posts: 24
    A KCBS membership lets you sign up without a tax id#. Also pay in cash. They have had problems with credit card fraud.