Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

slow cooked turkey for pulled turkey

Has anyone tried this? I saw it on Triple D, lady said they smoked turkeys for about 12 hours and when they pulled them the meat was still moist and pulled apart like a butt.
I thought it would be fun to try, healthy too.

Comments

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    edited April 2013
    Worth trying. I have been cooking turkey legs @400 raised direct (hour) and pulling meat for beans. Works real good.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• SteveWPBFL
    SteveWPBFL Posts: 1,327
    Pull a turkey breast ??? I've never really done that, would like to hear how that works out.

Now, who was that masked man, known to many as 'Turbo'.

• Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    I do pulled chicken all the time but I use the bone in skin on chicken breast the boneless skinless gets too dry to pull. I am guessing the same is probably true with turkey. I cook my chicken at 350 dome indirect to 160 degrees then foil them for atleast 30 minutes.
  • MrCookingNurse
    MrCookingNurse Posts: 4,665
    Pulled chicken is common. Would be around about the same concept.

XLBGE