Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope you all got to celebrate those tasty food holidays last week, we sure enjoyed them! We are even more excited about the beginning of fall, for so many reasons, but mainly for experiencing the cool, crisp air while being outside cooking up the best recipes the season has to offer. We especially love these Beer Pork Tenderloin and Ground Beef Acorn Squash recipes! Fall is upon us, and it's a great time for getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Overnight brisket

I'm doing my first overnight brisket and have been struggling with temps all night. I thought I had it stabilized at dome 250 or so, but a couple hours in it was up to 300. So it was cooking faster than expected. I adjusted the vents a bit but it wouldn't come down. I started at 6:30 (now thinking way too early) and by 9:30 or so it was at 150-160. I foiled, injected and added beef broth in the foil at 160 b/c I didn't want it to be too dry. Now the dome temp has come back into the 225-250 range, and I've take it out of the foil to get some bark on it.. But I've just watched my digital thermometer drop 8 degrees (from 185 to 177) in the last 30 minutes or so.. Is this natural? Does the stall do that? Thanks for any help!
LBGE
MS Gulf Coast - Proud member of the Who Dat Nation!
My Not Frequently Updated Blog: http://datcue.wordpress.com

Comments