Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
As we round out National BBQ Month, we hope you’ve gotten to try some new recipes that will keep you cooking all summer long. Check out our Smoking Basics Publication. For delicious recipes, try Justin Moore’s BBQ Shrimp, Greg Bate’s BBQ Dr. Pepper Chicken, Bobby Flay’s Chicken Thighs or Dr. BBQ’s new Maple Brined Pork Chops. Need dessert? Finish off your meal with some Planked Twinkies. Get ready for some fun summer happenings!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Restaurant Depot

SteveWPBFLSteveWPBFL Posts: 1,272
edited April 2013 in EggHead Forum
Anybody a member? We're looking into signing up with the wife's cotrage business. But we're hearing the portions are too large for a family?
·

Comments

• CowdogsCowdogs Posts: 488
    I live in just south of you in Delray, and yes I am a member.  Sign up for sure.  The charcoal & briskets are all sold individually, and pork shoulder are sold in 2 packs.  They have packer briskets which are not available in Publix.  The prices on all of these items is usually pretty good, and sometimes they are great.
    ·
  • tazcrashtazcrash Posts: 1,851
    edited April 2013
    I have a friend who is a member. decent proces on meat. Good time to use a spare freezer.  Also they have had some great sales on lobsters and no water added sea scallops
    Bx - > NJ ->TX!!! 
    All to get cheaper brisket! 
    ·
  • R2Egg2QR2Egg2Q Posts: 1,652
    I have a membership. There are some things that are ridiculously large for a family (for example a 25 lb bag of Panko bread crumbs) but you can find some reasonably sized quality meats for a good price. I recently paid $2.43/lb for choice angus packers. You'll also find some more unique meats that you won't find at most grocers. If you have freezer space you can easily find yourself filling that space after a trip to RD.
    XL, Large, Small, Mini Eggs
    Bay Area, CA
    ·
  • I'm a member and I like the meat selections.  But yes some things I look at and say I'll never use that much.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Welcome to the Swamp.....GO GATORS!!!!
    ·
  • rconercone Posts: 92
    They have some great stuff, however the meat selection at the one in Milwaukee is fairly subpar. I just stick to stuff they are unable to contaminate with poor refrigeration. 

Fat is tasty, everything else is filler.

LBGE, SBGE, and a Carson Rotisserie 

Milwaukee, Wisconsin 
    ·
  • horsefleshhorseflesh Posts: 204
    Definitely sign up, not all portions are too big. For example, we got a bag of frozen pot stickers just like you'd find at the store for $5, which I reckon is about half price. 

And, as mentioned, packer briskets too. 

Such a great place!
    ·
  • yvrbasedyvrbased Posts: 13
    What are the rules for membership in restaurant depot?
    ·
  • beteezbeteez Posts: 353
    Sign up some things like mushrooms are such great deals you come put ahead even with some waste. Great deals on charcoal & Prudhome Magic Blends. It is free to join so why not? Also great deals on Mozzarella for pizza  
    ·
  • rconercone Posts: 92
    You just need a tax id number for membership. 
    Fat is tasty, everything else is filler.

LBGE, SBGE, and a Carson Rotisserie 

Milwaukee, Wisconsin 
    ·
  • rdmuddrdmudd Posts: 24
    A KCBS membership lets you sign up without a tax id#. Also pay in cash. They have had problems with credit card fraud.
    ·