Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
With winter in full gear, we’re enjoying all the awesome photos of EGGs in the cold weather. Stay warm with some of our favorite Dutch oven recipes: Chicken & Dumplings, Chili Con Carne and BLT Soup.

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Keeps on turning out results!

Three nights in a row and I couldn't be happier with my results, my guts are no longer white and that's a great thing!

So I went with the reverse sear on a 1 1/2 inch chop the other night and it was smack yo momma good. Seriously the best chop I have ever had by far.

A couple of friends wanted be to make some pulled pork so who was I to argue. 250 for the first 3 or so hours with apple and hickory chunks and then foil and bumped up to 375 to around 200 IT and it was perfect. Can't wait to do another butt!

Tonight the wife wanted me to try pizza so we did. The crust ran away a little bit but the texture of the dough and the flavor of the pizza killed anything we have ever made in the oven. We used Publix store bought dough and cooked it at about 625 until done. The wife went a little topping crazy and we didn't have a peel so getting it on was an adventure but other than that I could not have been happier, the bottom was cooked to perfection.

This is an awesome cooker and with the information posted on here new eggers such as myself can get up to speed really quick.

imageimage
·

Comments

• TjcoleyTjcoley Posts: 3,408
    Welcome.  Great early cooks!  Looking very good.
  • yeah buddy. Those all look great. Nice work.

·
  • Sweet cook looks good, and even if the cook doesn't go as well as you would like,  or something has you questioning the cook  check here first these guys here are pros and can help in a pinch. Welcome aboard and enjoy the ride.
    ·
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 13,217
    nice... fun ain't it?
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
    ·
  • Charlie tunaCharlie tuna Posts: 2,191
    Looks like some good food to me!!  YEP, you are hooked !!  You better find a good lump source!!
    ·
  • Solson005Solson005 Posts: 1,905
    Pizza, pulled pork, and a nice chop sounds like three great meals indeed! =D>
    Large & Small BGE, CGW Two-Tier Swing Rack for BOTH EGGS, Spider for the Wok, eggCARTen & and Cedar Pergola my Eggs call home in Edmond, OK. 
    ·
  • JustacookinJustacookin Posts: 234

That Pizza looks killer did one tonight with store bought crust but did not look anything like yours I have alot to learn.

XL & waiting for my Mini Max Bloomington MN.
    ·