Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Call me Ishmael...

Options
Here is my new white whale...

Comments

• IrishDevl
    IrishDevl Posts: 1,390
    Options
    Hello Ishmael.
  • Tjcoley
    Tjcoley Posts: 3,551
    Options
    When I saw the small pic, thought I was looking at an Egg disaster.  Finally realized I was looking at an assembly.  

Options
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    TJ-  thought the same thing! I was like oh nooooo! But alas, today is a happy day. 
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • travisstrick
    travisstrick Posts: 5,002
    Options
    “There are times when having too much to say can be as dumbfounding as having too little.” 

- Daniel Quinn, Ishmael: An Adventure of the Mind and Spirit
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    “There are times when having too much to say can be as dumbfounding as having too little.” 

- Daniel Quinn, Ishmael: An Adventure of the Mind and Spirit
    can I steal that quote? Oh wait, you were talking about me weren't you? Not cool man. Not cool. 
  • travisstrick
    Options
    Steal away. In fact, you should read the book. It's full of good quotes. 
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    The Cen-Tex Smoker Posts: 22,961
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Steal away. In fact, you should read the book. It's full of good quotes. 
    done. Just bought it on iBooks and I have 7 am departure to Kaliforn-istan tomorrow am. I'll be chilling in La Jolla all day and need something to read on the plane. better be good or I'm coming after you and the Keltec Pea Shooter you carry like a spider monkey for my $14 back.

• travisstrick
    Options
    I just pissed my pee pants and I dont even care. 
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,337
    Options
    @Cen_Tex- La Jolla road trip...  Dang-I'm impressed that the community elders let you in.  If you have to work in "the land of fruits and nuts" then you are certainly in a great place.  Safe travels and have fun-if you have time, venture down to the Old Town Mexican Cafe in San Diego-best bar margaritas I have had and the carnitas are tops!
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    The Cen-Tex Smoker Posts: 22,961
    edited April 2013
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    @Cen_Tex- La Jolla road trip...  Dang-I'm impressed that the community elders let you in.  If you have to work in "the land of fruits and nuts" then you are certainly in a great place.  Safe travels and have fun-if you have time, venture down to the Old Town Mexican Cafe in San Diego-best bar margaritas I have had and the carnitas are tops!
    La Jolla on my own tomorrow and Del Mar CC for customer golf/cocktails on Monday. Good work if you can get it, although I could do without the 5 am wake up on Sunday AM. That cuts in to the Woodford time tonight.........oh who am I even kidding with that? Time to sleep when I'm dead.

Thanks for the tips.Lunch at Old Town it is. Carnitas and Margies for Centex tomorrow.

• travisstrick
    Options
    Whenever I tell my wife, "i'll sleep when im dead" she gets so scared that she calls friends for support. It usually is the beginning of lots of stuff getting smashed. 
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,337
    Options
    @travisstrick-I vaguely recall those days-and yes, it is the only way to live until the body "declares victory" and you get routed in another direction-seemingly without notice!
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • jlsm
    jlsm Posts: 1,011
    Options
    Are you a ****?
    Owner of a large and a beloved mini in Philadelphia
  • Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    Options
    @Eggcelsior,

Nicely played.  Glad everything worked out. 
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    Options
    Here is my new white whale...
    I may be wrong but in Canada, that's a poodle, a black poodle.
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • Wolfpack
    Wolfpack Posts: 3,551
    Options
    @centex another good spot is in San Diego. There is a fish market and fish taco place called Blue Water Grill- awesome food from a local spot. Parking is a little bit of a pain but not too far from airport or if you like burgers give Hodad's a try. In la jolla if you want a nicer meal go to George's (food downstairs is better)- Californian style food but it is really good
    Greensboro, NC
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    Wolfpack said:

@centex another good spot is in San Diego. There is a fish market and fish taco place called Blue Water Grill- awesome food from a local spot. Parking is a little bit of a pain but not too far from airport or if you like burgers give Hodad's a try. In la jolla if you want a nicer meal go to George's (food downstairs is better)- Californian style food but it is really good

Thanks. I'll be rambling all over today so I'm sure I'll see many of these spots. Appreciate the tips.
  • MrCookingNurse
    MrCookingNurse Posts: 4,665
    Options
    Good call Ishmael. Your gonna love it.

XLBGE 
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    Whenever I tell my wife, "i'll sleep when im dead" she gets so scared that she calls friends for support. It usually is the beginning of lots of stuff getting smashed. 

Man I know your wife, she could have done so much better.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.