Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope you had a hoppy Easter and are ready to spring into warm weather cooking mode! There’s nothing better than spending time outdoors with the sweet aroma of fresh cooked Ribs. Baseball season is also underway, so it's the perfect time to try out some chicken wing variations! We have Jamaican Jerk, Lemon Pepper, Fired-Up Wings and even a Whiskey Onion and Chicken Steak if wings aren't your thing. Bon appetit!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Call me Ishmael...

Here is my new white whale...

·

Comments

• IrishDevlIrishDevl Posts: 1,390
    Hello Ishmael.
    ·
  • TjcoleyTjcoley Posts: 3,422
    When I saw the small pic, thought I was looking at an Egg disaster.  Finally realized I was looking at an assembly.  

• Looks fun  :))
    ·
  • TJ-  thought the same thing! I was like oh nooooo! But alas, today is a happy day. 

·
  • travisstricktravisstrick Posts: 4,767
    “There are times when having too much to say can be as dumbfounding as having too little.” 

- Daniel Quinn, Ishmael: An Adventure of the Mind and Spirit
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
    ·
  • “There are times when having too much to say can be as dumbfounding as having too little.” 

- Daniel Quinn, Ishmael: An Adventure of the Mind and Spirit
    can I steal that quote? Oh wait, you were talking about me weren't you? Not cool man. Not cool. 

·
    Steal away. In fact, you should read the book. It's full of good quotes. 
    ·
  • The Cen-Tex SmokerThe Cen-Tex Smoker Posts: 12,411
    edited April 2013
    Steal away. In fact, you should read the book. It's full of good quotes. 
    done. Just bought it on iBooks and I have 7 am departure to Kaliforn-istan tomorrow am. I'll be chilling in La Jolla all day and need something to read on the plane. better be good or I'm coming after you and the Keltec Pea Shooter you carry like a spider monkey for my $14 back.

·
    I just pissed my pee pants and I dont even care. 
    ·
  • lousubcaplousubcap Posts: 6,026
    @Cen_Tex- La Jolla road trip...  Dang-I'm impressed that the community elders let you in.  If you have to work in "the land of fruits and nuts" then you are certainly in a great place.  Safe travels and have fun-if you have time, venture down to the Old Town Mexican Cafe in San Diego-best bar margaritas I have had and the carnitas are tops!
    Louisville
    ·
  • The Cen-Tex SmokerThe Cen-Tex Smoker Posts: 12,411
    edited April 2013
    lousubcap said:
    @Cen_Tex- La Jolla road trip...  Dang-I'm impressed that the community elders let you in.  If you have to work in "the land of fruits and nuts" then you are certainly in a great place.  Safe travels and have fun-if you have time, venture down to the Old Town Mexican Cafe in San Diego-best bar margaritas I have had and the carnitas are tops!
    La Jolla on my own tomorrow and Del Mar CC for customer golf/cocktails on Monday. Good work if you can get it, although I could do without the 5 am wake up on Sunday AM. That cuts in to the Woodford time tonight.........oh who am I even kidding with that? Time to sleep when I'm dead.

Thanks for the tips.Lunch at Old Town it is. Carnitas and Margies for Centex tomorrow.

·
    Whenever I tell my wife, "i'll sleep when im dead" she gets so scared that she calls friends for support. It usually is the beginning of lots of stuff getting smashed. 
    ·
  • lousubcaplousubcap Posts: 6,026
    @travisstrick-I vaguely recall those days-and yes, it is the only way to live until the body "declares victory" and you get routed in another direction-seemingly without notice!
    Louisville
    ·
  • jlsmjlsm Posts: 842
    Are you a dick?
    Owner of a large and a beloved mini in Philadelphia
    ·
  • FockerFocker Posts: 1,704
    @Eggcelsior,

Nicely played.  Glad everything worked out. 
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    Hollin' bout huh, egga what!?  Huh, give a Fock egga what!?
    ·
  • SkiddymarkerSkiddymarker Posts: 6,559
    Here is my new white whale...
    I may be wrong but in Canada, that's a poodle, a black poodle.
    Delta B.C. - Vee-Gan: old Indian word for poor hunter. 
    ·
  • WolfpackWolfpack Posts: 1,295
    @centex another good spot is in San Diego. There is a fish market and fish taco place called Blue Water Grill- awesome food from a local spot. Parking is a little bit of a pain but not too far from airport or if you like burgers give Hodad's a try. In la jolla if you want a nicer meal go to George's (food downstairs is better)- Californian style food but it is really good
    Greensboro, NC
    ·
  • Wolfpack said:

@centex another good spot is in San Diego. There is a fish market and fish taco place called Blue Water Grill- awesome food from a local spot. Parking is a little bit of a pain but not too far from airport or if you like burgers give Hodad's a try. In la jolla if you want a nicer meal go to George's (food downstairs is better)- Californian style food but it is really good

Thanks. I'll be rambling all over today so I'm sure I'll see many of these spots. Appreciate the tips.

·
  • MrCookingNurseMrCookingNurse Posts: 3,971
    Good call Ishmael. Your gonna love it.

LBGE & SBGE (big momma and pat)
    ·
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 16,113
    Whenever I tell my wife, "i'll sleep when im dead" she gets so scared that she calls friends for support. It usually is the beginning of lots of stuff getting smashed. 

Man I know your wife, she could have done so much better.
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

·