Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Dry aged perfection

IrishDevlIrishDevl Posts: 1,390
Will be dinner tonight.
image.jpg 2.1M
·

Comments

• @IrishDevl, did you dry age those yourself?
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.
    Nice Irish! How long and how did you age them. Whole primal?

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • IrishDevlIrishDevl Posts: 1,390
    No, butcher had them dry aged. Don't know how long, forgot to ask.
    ·
    He always has them for me when I stop in, special stash. I think I spend to much there.
    ·
  • HotwingkingHotwingking Posts: 183
    How bout some cooked pics? They look delicious.
    ·
  • Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 27,352
    Watch out Devil they will cook fast

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
    Father in law called and wants them tomorrow - giving wife the hook. Will have results then. Thanks LS, will have pics then.
    ·
    Now what to eat tonight.
    ·
  • KoskoKosko Posts: 535
    Dang Irish devl man those look awesome! I have been wanting to dry age some steaks. How long? Please show after cooked pics.
    Peachtree City, Ga Large BGE
    ·
  • hapsterhapster Posts: 7,052
    They look really good!!! You should bring a really good bottle of whiskey next time you visit the butcher; or whatever he likes to drink... Hidden stashes deserve special treatment.
    ·
    hapster said:

They look really good!!! You should bring a really good bottle of whiskey next time you visit the butcher; or whatever he likes to drink... Hidden stashes deserve special treatment.

With all the money I spend there I am fairly certain he is drinking Lousie the 13 as I type this.
    ·
    Steak was amazing. Unbelievable. Cooked perfectly. No pics. My butcher also give me sliced short ribs and I grill them. My kids live it.
    ·