Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
With winter in full gear, we’re enjoying all the awesome photos of EGGs in the cold weather. Stay warm with some of our favorite Dutch oven recipes: Chicken & Dumplings, Chili Con Carne and BLT Soup.

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Pizza stone lifter

EggHeadinFloridaEggHeadinFlorida Posts: 423
edited April 2013 in EggHead Forum
After reading about burnt seals due to the pizza stone I bought some iron fittings at lowes. They are 3" tall and have a 2" foot print for stability. $9 total. There are no issues with the lid closing.. Im hoping with a higher stone, the top of the pizza will cook at the same time as the bottom.
image.jpg 1.3M
image.jpg 2.2M
·

Comments

• Charlie tunaCharlie tuna Posts: 2,191
    Do you have the platesetter in place?
    ·
  • SkiddymarkerSkiddymarker Posts: 6,286
    Lid will close, but is there at least 1" between stone and dome? 
    Read on here somewhere that you need at least 1" for proper air flow or the stone will get too hot on the edges. (no idea if that's true - I just remember reading it as a guideline)
    Delta B.C. - Vee-Gan: old Indian word for poor hunter. 
    ·
  • Between the dome and the pizza stone there approximately 2 1/2 to 3 inches all the way around. I tried to take some pictures through the vent on top but it did not turn out well.
    ·