Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope you all got to celebrate those tasty food holidays last week, we sure enjoyed them! We are even more excited about the beginning of fall, for so many reasons, but mainly for experiencing the cool, crisp air while being outside cooking up the best recipes the season has to offer. We especially love these Beer Pork Tenderloin and Ground Beef Acorn Squash recipes! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Can't get temp up.

GK59GK59 Posts: 462
edited August 2012 in Cookbook

Did pizza again today. Only problem was I could not get temp above 350* for the lonest time . Added some briquettes to try and raise temp quick.Maxed out at 400*

The egg was in the rain for almost 3 days . Early this afternoon I pulled rings and cleaned out very damp ash. Started a small fire and let that burn for almost 3 hours. Added more lump , PS and pizza stone . Vent wide open and top off. Took over an hour to get from 350 to 400* after adding coals between pizzas.

1st pizza was on 35 minutes 2nd about 30. Neither one had a  crust to my liking. I also noticed that there was small yellow looking droplets bleeding at the chimney then later from the whole dome.

Any ideas???

Thanks ahead of time

Smitty's Kid's BBQ

Bay City,MI

Comments