Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Eating in 6 hrs - turbo or low & slow Spares?

I've never done turbo ribs before.  I'd like to do them for my 22 YO Daughter's Bday party tonight but hesitate to try a new method for the first time with guests coming over.

Words of advice??

Thx

Mike

Comments

• Hi54putty
    Hi54putty Posts: 1,873
    I go 5 hours at 275. Sauce last 30 minutes.
    XL,L,S 
    Winston-Salem, NC 
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    This works. Turbo Baby Back Ribs (Sorry but I can't remember who I got this from.) 350 indirect for 1hr 40 min. Pull membrane , rub. Put on at 350 and leave the hell alone for about that time. I opened 15 min early and sauced my half rack. This is called turbo ribs and I will never go back to 4 and 5 hour ribs. Note: with or w/o mustard works .. I like Bad Byron's Butt Rub
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817

If they are spares they usually end up at over 5 hours for me @250*. Never done turbo but I know a lot of experienced folks that swear by them. You could really pick any temp between 275 and 350.

Mick, I believe it was AL (Hungry Man) that coined the name

Steve 

Caledon, ON