Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s that time of year again-time to hop on out to your backyard for an EGG hunt. If you’re lucky, you’ll only have to search as far as your patio! Planning on cooking Easter Sunday? Check out our Easter Menu. If you’re looking for a sweet treat to enjoy with the whole family, try at least one of our sweet treats, if not both: Grilled Peeps & Carrot Cupcakes. Lastly, if you’re having company, our Pinterest page has lots of ideas for entertaining. We hope you have an EGGstra tasty holiday!

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Saturday's Egging Plans...

hapsterhapster Posts: 6,427
Hi All...

Busy week and I'm glad the weekend is here. Sometimes I hate my job; had to terminate a guy on Thursday for something that could have been easily avoided... I do have some homework to do, my interview for the new position is Monday afternoon.

Enough about that crap...

Went shopping this morning and picked up a few treats for egging this weekend...

Corn on the cob & pineapple... Looking to break out the DP Pineapple Head :)

Asparagus, Brussels sprouts, peppers

Beef & Chicken kabobs

and two pounds of extra large (13-15) black tiger shrimp

Just made a big bowl of cucumber and onion salad... Should be great in a few hours

Hope everyone has a great weekend!
·

Comments

• henapplehenapple Posts: 13,527
    good luck on the interview.. what are you doing with the shrimp?
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
    ·
  • hapsterhapster Posts: 6,427
    henapple said:

good luck on the interview.. what are you doing with the shrimp?

Thanks!

Not sure... Probably some swamp venom and just do then direct with some veggies
    ·
  • Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 27,076

Hap,

Firing people is the worst! Is your onion and cucumber salad done with vinegar, celery seed and pepper?

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • SteveWPBFLSteveWPBFL Posts: 1,271
    ..... and a little sugar with the cuke marinade ....
    ·
  • TUTTLE871TUTTLE871 Posts: 1,316

DP Pineapple Head is my all time favorite DP.

Always a sprinkle in my hand to get a tatse of the goodness and then on what veggies or fruit I like.

"Hold my beer and watch this S##T!"

LARGE BGE DALLAS TX.

·
  • FockerFocker Posts: 1,657
    edited April 2013

Eggin' is one of the best destressors.

Seems like a flavorfest, nice choices.

Best wishes on the upcoming interview.  :)

Brandon
    Quad Cities

·
  • shtgunal3shtgunal3 Posts: 2,902
    Good luck on the interview Hap. Looking forward to the dinner pics. It'll be Tuesday before my egg sees anymore action.

LBGE,SBGE, and a mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

·
  • TjcoleyTjcoley Posts: 3,422
    Good luck Monday.  Just burgers here tonight, and I may try out a new appetizer and a dessert.  Two 7 pound pork butts for tomorrow.  One for us, one to split between the next door neighbor and the day care teacher.
  • Village IdiotVillage Idiot Posts: 6,951

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

·
  • :)
    image.jpg 72.9K
    ·
  • Charlie tunaCharlie tuna Posts: 2,191
    I am just brining two small chickens for my first shot at "spatchcocking direct"??  Some of the recent photos showing nice dark crispy chicken has motivated me to try "direct"!
    ·
    No sugar in the salad... Red wine vinegar, evoo, sea salt, black pepper, and some garlic salt. After a few hours it was super tasty!!!

VI...
    image.jpg 714.6K
    ·
    And now the rest of the story... Thanks everyone for the good wishes. Firing someone sucks; but most know its coming. The absolute worst is laying off really good workers when they don't know it's coming...

And the pics...

Kahbobs came from Wegmans. They make them fresh in the meat dept...

imageimageimageimage
    image.jpg 645.6K
    image.jpg 773.8K
    image.jpg 697.4K
    image.jpg 733.7K
    ·
  • Very nice.

Ernie McClain

Scottsbluff, Nebraska

(in the extreme western panhandle of NE)

·
    Thanks...

Think it's time to contact the mother ship. That crack that I saw months ago; just decided to have a peek since I ran her up to about 650 for a little cleaning... Is back and clearly visible. Took a few more pics. Don't want to have the thing split and wind up with lava all over my wooden deck... I'm sure it'll be fine cooking on it in the mean time; but why take the chance...image
    image.jpg 1.7M
    ·
  • :)

Hey that brown dead looking area must be Flint!

........................................................................................

Flint, Michigan.  Named the most dangerous city in America by the F.B.I. three years running.

We invented the U.A.W. and carjacking!

·
    @Fred19Flintstone... No, that dead area is the Tigers batters boxes. Wtf?
    ·
  • FockerFocker Posts: 1,657
    Good call, not worth taking the chance to cook on, especially sitting on a deck.

I'd start with your dealer Hap.  HQ will more than likely tell you to contact your dealer for warranty claims.  Get an email from your dealer to send your pic in so they can submit your claim to HQ ASAP.

If you have a good dealer, they may give you a base out of their stock.  That is how my firebox was handled.  

Brandon
    Quad Cities

·
  • EvansEggerEvansEgger Posts: 54
    edited April 2013
    Two 2 inch prime porterhouse steaks (1.75 pounds each) with salt, pepper, and garlic pepper about to be thrown on the Egg. Cooking it the Finney Method (reverse sear) to medium rare. Baked potato and cole slaw for sides.
    Go Hogs Go
    ·

Two 2 inch prime porterhouse steaks (1.75 pounds each) with salt, pepper, and garlic pepper about to be thrown on the Egg. Cooking it the Finney Method (reverse sear) to medium rare. Baked potato and cole slaw for sides.

Sounds good.. Pictures please Enjoy! :)
    ·