Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s almost football season, so we’re perfecting our favorite tailgating and homegating recipes! Whether you like hamburgers, wings, brats, ribs or something cooked with beer, we have everything you’ll need for the perfect tailgate party. We always like inviting friends to join our tailgates because the EGG is about community and having fun, so make sure if you’re inviting company you make extra - the food will be gone before you know it! Don't forget dessert, either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Sold the Weber Gasser!

Been going back and forth on selling the gas grill and just couldn't see a good reason for it to keep taking up space on the porch.  Listed the Genesis E330 on Craigslist earlier this week and it sold today for $500 with cover.  My wife balked a bit as it's in great shape but I just don't see using since getting my egg for Christmas.

Plan on using the proceeds to build a table and get a fan-control unit for overnight cooks :)

Comments

• dougbackerdougbacker Posts: 277
    Now you have enough to get a Cyber Q WIFI and a few other "toys"  :D

--------------------------------------------------------
    South Dakota
    KBØQBT
    Large BGE, 
    Mini BGE
    36" Blackstone Griddle
    Phoenix Gasser
    Cyber Q WIFI

And a deck box full of toy's

• chrisnjennchrisnjenn Posts: 534
    Love my Eggs and Weber gasser. All my toys have their place. Look at the Stoker. I did a lot of research and IMO the Stoker, while just a little more money, is better overall than the Cyber Q Wifi. Better software, can control a lot of Eggs on one device, great range, etc..
  • EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 11,533
    Definitely look into the stoker. The software interface is top - notch. I don't see as many issues posted about connectivity either.

Both are great products so I don't think you'd be wrong either way.
  • Thanks for the feedback guys!

One question, what's the benefit of having the wifi option with the fan-controlled unit?  Thanks!

• One would be if you had a iPhone/iPad or smart phone and the App. You can control with those devices
  • HotchHotch Posts: 1,527
    When your egg sends you it's first tweet, you will understand.

"You’re not a real Texan till you’ve been kicked out of every decent state in America." - Joe Bob Briggs

LBGE, Mini BGE and R&V Fryer

Prosper TX

And your are correct, Texas Red has no Beans

• HotchHotch Posts: 1,527

Two Butts with the dome and grill temps

You see the actual and the target temps

Life is good!! Wait I just got a tweet from my egg.

Fire(Fire 1) =209.9/240

Probe(Fire 2) =239.9/250;

Probe(Meat 1) =74.4/200;

Probe(Meat 2) =69.3/200;

"You’re not a real Texan till you’ve been kicked out of every decent state in America." - Joe Bob Briggs

LBGE, Mini BGE and R&V Fryer

Prosper TX

And your are correct, Texas Red has no Beans

• Wow the Egg tweets...I guess that answers the question which came first the chicken or the egg
  • Been going back and forth on selling the gas grill and just couldn't see a good reason for it to keep taking up space on the porch.  Listed the Genesis E330 on Craigslist earlier this week and it sold today for $500 with cover.  My wife balked a bit as it's in great shape but I just don't see using since getting my egg for Christmas.

Plan on using the proceeds to build a table and get a fan-control unit for overnight cooks :)

Check here. This guy just bought a cyberQ and now has (2) Digiq's hes selling.

http://eggheadforum.com/discussion/comment/1320490#Comment_1320490