Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Sold the Weber Gasser!

Been going back and forth on selling the gas grill and just couldn't see a good reason for it to keep taking up space on the porch.  Listed the Genesis E330 on Craigslist earlier this week and it sold today for $500 with cover.  My wife balked a bit as it's in great shape but I just don't see using since getting my egg for Christmas.

Plan on using the proceeds to build a table and get a fan-control unit for overnight cooks :)

Comments

• dougbacker
    dougbacker Posts: 277
    Now you have enough to get a Cyber Q WIFI and a few other "toys"  :D

--------------------------------------------------------
    South Dakota
    KBØQBT
    Large BGE, 
    Mini BGE
    36" Blackstone Griddle
    Phoenix Gasser
    Cyber Q WIFI

And a deck box full of toy's

• chrisnjenn
    chrisnjenn Posts: 534
    Love my Eggs and Weber gasser. All my toys have their place. Look at the Stoker. I did a lot of research and IMO the Stoker, while just a little more money, is better overall than the Cyber Q Wifi. Better software, can control a lot of Eggs on one device, great range, etc..
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Definitely look into the stoker. The software interface is top - notch. I don't see as many issues posted about connectivity either.

Both are great products so I don't think you'd be wrong either way.
  • Thanks for the feedback guys!

One question, what's the benefit of having the wifi option with the fan-controlled unit?  Thanks!

• One would be if you had a iPhone/iPad or smart phone and the App. You can control with those devices
  • Hotch
    Hotch Posts: 3,564
    When your egg sends you it's first tweet, you will understand.
    Large BGE, MiniMAX BGE, 2 Mini BGE's, R&V Fryer, 36" Blackstone Griddle, Camp Chef Dual Burner 40K BTU Stove
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • Hotch
    Hotch Posts: 3,564

Two Butts with the dome and grill temps

You see the actual and the target temps

Life is good!! Wait I just got a tweet from my egg.

Fire(Fire 1) =209.9/240

Probe(Fire 2) =239.9/250;

Probe(Meat 1) =74.4/200;

Probe(Meat 2) =69.3/200;

Large BGE, MiniMAX BGE, 2 Mini BGE's, R&V Fryer, 36" Blackstone Griddle, Camp Chef Dual Burner 40K BTU Stove
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • Wow the Egg tweets...I guess that answers the question which came first the chicken or the egg
  • Been going back and forth on selling the gas grill and just couldn't see a good reason for it to keep taking up space on the porch.  Listed the Genesis E330 on Craigslist earlier this week and it sold today for $500 with cover.  My wife balked a bit as it's in great shape but I just don't see using since getting my egg for Christmas.

Plan on using the proceeds to build a table and get a fan-control unit for overnight cooks :)

Check here. This guy just bought a cyberQ and now has (2) Digiq's hes selling.

http://eggheadforum.com/discussion/comment/1320490#Comment_1320490

XL bge, Mini max & 36 BS Griddle.