Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Salmon

Options
Any suggestions on how I should cook a salmon filet?

Comments

• Dyal_SC
    Dyal_SC Posts: 6,054
    Options
    My vote is for a good rub and then baste with a 50/50 mixture of maple syrup and butter while its grilling. Direct at about 350 deg dome temp. :)
  • double
    double Posts: 1,214
    Options
    On the Egg ;-) I like to cook salmon on a cedar or alder plank. Some maple syrup and dill and some Tom Douglas salmon rub.
    Lynnwood WA
  • HogHeaven
    HogHeaven Posts: 326
    edited April 2013
    Options
    I agree with Dyal on the setup and cook temp. I prefer just a little salt and pepper and a hollandaise sauce. I've got cedar planks in my garage but I've not tried them yet. That is a popular technic too.
  • B&BKnox
    B&BKnox Posts: 283
    Options
    Cook to 140 degrees internal.  Glaze or glaze and rub your desired flavors before cooking.  Indirect 350 ish.  Skin side down on a cedar plank or double piece of HD foil if no plank.
    Be Well

Knoxville TN
  • Doc_Eggerton
    Doc_Eggerton Posts: 5,321
    Options
    Put a good sweet rub on it.  Put it on a cookie cooling rack, tented with foil (allowing air circulation) in the fridge overnight.  Take the tent off in the morning for a couple hours, then allow to sit at room temp for an hour.

Hot smoke using a plate setter, and a mild wood like apple, at 180 until the albumin begins to flow.

Serve hot, or refrigerate until chilled.  Serve on crackers with cream cheese and cucumber.

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys

• Doc_Eggerton
    Doc_Eggerton Posts: 5,321
    Options

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys