Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

"The Baking Steel" Group Buy

Options

Comments

• Cowdogs
    Cowdogs Posts: 491
    Options
    HogHeaven said:
    Greeno55 said:
    Just read some of the other threads about this. Has there been a concensus about the best size for a LBGE? Does 16" seem to be best?

I'm personally not an expert on this but I read a blog yesterday by a guy that seemed to me to have lots of knowledge about the proper setup for cooking bread in the LBGE. His claim was that the perfect size pizza stone, hearth stone or in this case baking steel was 14". He kept talking about airflow being extremely important when baking bread. There you go... That's all I have to offer on this topic since I am a novice bread baker that's just trying to learn that craft.
    Airflow is important.  However a 16" inch stone leaves 50 sq. inches of airflow within a 18" circle.  Even within a 17" circle it is 25 sq. inches.  How big is the BGE bottom vent?  6-8 sq inches?
  • JWBishop
    JWBishop Posts: 12
    Options
    I just ordered a 14". It would be interesting to know how many orders he gets from this. 
  • lwrehm
    lwrehm Posts: 381
    Options
    Just tried to place an order and the coupon code 'biggreenegg' is coming up as expired...guess I'm SOL, you snooze you lose.

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    lwrehm said:

Just tried to place an order and the coupon code 'biggreenegg' is coming up as expired...guess I'm SOL, you snooze you lose.

It wasn't supposed to end until tomorrow at midnight.
  • lwrehm
    Options
    I ran it thru to the checkout and it might have worked, shipping did come up as $0.00 but the price stayed at $79.  I just didn't expect the expired coupon message when I hit the "apply coupon" button.
  • fletcherfam
    fletcherfam Posts: 935
    Options
    Try again, let me know if it doesn't work, it should have worked till Sunday night
  • EvansEgger
    Options
    I was probably going to order it tomorrow. Still on the fence. Hope it is till good.
    Go Hogs Go
  • Firemedic183
    Options
    I would be interested to know if this code still works. I was planning on ordering tomorrow as well.
    Persistence and determination are omnipotent!
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    I ordered 30 minutes ago. Code worked. Perhaps it needs to all be lower case like this:
    "biggreenegg". That is what worked for me.
  • lwrehm
    Options
    Well this morning I got up and checked it again, and not it appears to be working.  

I completed the order last night and followed up with an email, Andris replied right away that all is well with my order.  

Not sure what was wrong with my coupon code, or the processing of the coupon code.  When I tried last night I copy and pasted the code, and this morning it was still on my clipboard so I tried again and it worked.

Sorry to worry anyone!
  • fletcherfam
    Options
    Just as a reminder to everyone who wants to order, today is the last day to order. Order by midnight! 

Enjoy the rest of your weekend!!
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Options
    lwrehm said:
    I ran it thru to the checkout and it might have worked, shipping did come up as $0.00 but the price stayed at $79.  I just didn't expect the expired coupon message when I hit the "apply coupon" button.

I am not sure but I believe the $15.00 set up being waived was the discount along with free shipping in the continental US

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• billyray
    billyray Posts: 1,275
    Options
    fletcherfam Just ordered 2- 16" ones. Thanks again for your work.
    Felton, Ca. 2-LBGE, 1-Small, PBC, PK360, Genesis Summit, Camp Chef Flattop, Smokefire 24, Traeger Pro Series 22 Pellet with a Smoke Daddy insert, Gateway 55 Gal. drum, SNS Kettle w/acc.
  • BigWader
    BigWader Posts: 673
    Options

I couldn't take watching on the sidelines anymore.  Just ordered a 16" for the LBGE. 

Toronto, Canada

Large BGE, Small BGE

• Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    I just ordered a 21".  It's the first accessory I bought for the XL I haven't bought yet.  I love a good deal!  Thanks @fletcherfam for your hard work.  It's appreciated!
    Flint, Michigan
  • Aviator
    Aviator Posts: 1,757
    Options

I have been procrastinating on this and, I know its just a eggcessory, but have finally arrived at a decision.

I will wait for the one with a lip.

Large and Small BGE, Blackstone 36 and a baby black Kub.

Chattanooga, TN.

• EvansEgger
    Options
    Aviator said:

I have been procrastinating on this and, I know its just a eggcessory, but have finally arrived at a decision.

I will wait for the one with a lip.

How do you know if one will be offered with a lip?
    Go Hogs Go
  • Aviator
    Aviator Posts: 1,757
    Options

I have no idea, but for my intended purposes, (which it may have to double as a hot girdle for cheesesteaks) I will probably be better off with a lip.

We don't make too many Pizzas due to the carbohydrate overload.

Large and Small BGE, Blackstone 36 and a baby black Kub.

Chattanooga, TN.

• EvansEgger
    EvansEgger Posts: 54
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Just ordered mine for my large Egg. We love pizza and this will be a useful and fun tool. Thanks for setting this up, Fletcher.
    Go Hogs Go
  • mark11
    mark11 Posts: 55
    Options
    Thanks for putting this together from a new guy. The code doesn't seem to be currently working though.
  • paqman
    paqman Posts: 4,670
    Options
    I attempted to use the code a few times since yesterday and it keeps saying the coupon has expired.  I'll send an email to Andris...

I just tried the code as well and it says it has expired. Am I just SOL? I thought I had 3 more hours.
  • fletcherfam
    Options
    Send Andris an email and let him know what you will order, he should take care of you, you should not be SOL. The code was to be good till end of day today
  • mark11
    mark11 Posts: 55
    Options
    I just tried again and it went through. Thanks again fletcherfam.
  • fletcherfam
    Options
  • RV10Flyer
    RV10Flyer Posts: 140
    Options

I just ordered a 20” for the XL.  I couldn’t decide which size to go with so hopefully the 20” will be a good compromise between the 19 and 21.

Thanks for the Group Buy.

North Texas

XL and Small BGE

• BOWHUNR
    BOWHUNR Posts: 1,487
    Options
    RV10Flyer said:

hopefully the 20” will be a good compromise between the 19 and 21.

Yep, I'm kinda redneckish, but I think 20 is right in there.  :D

Mike

I'm ashamed what I did for a Klondike Bar!!

Omaha, NE
  • HDmstng
    HDmstng Posts: 192
    Options
    Got the order in with 1 hour and 3 minutes left...
  • Andy_in_CO
    Options
    I want to thank FF for doing this. I just ordered mine and I am excited to try it out.
  • Greeno55
    Greeno55 Posts: 635
    Options
    Just received an email from Baking Steel telling me my "Order is Complete"!! Fingers crossed it ships soon. :)
    LBGE (2012), MiniMax (2014), and too many Eggcessories to list.  - Sudbury, Ontario