Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

FILET

Costco filet.  Seasoned with raising the steaks, a little extra garlic powder, and EVOO.  Seared at 750ish on cast iron lowered grate for about 2 min per side.  Let sit for 15 min.  Got dome to 400.  Finished on raised grate and pulled at around 128 internal for a nice pink medium all the way through.  Very happy with this one.  Hope I can repeat it.  Used royal oak lump with some cherry and apple chunks.image
·

Comments

• AviatorAviator Posts: 1,524
    Dude, I will hit that in a heartbeat. Strong work.

Large and Small BGE, and a baby black Kub.

And all the toys to make me look like a Gizmo Chef.

>:)

Chattanooga, TN.

·
  • BOWHUNRBOWHUNR Posts: 1,447
    I'm not sure what you could have done better.  That is about as perfect as they come!  Nicely done my friend.  =D>

Mike

I'm ashamed what I did for a Klondike Bar!!

Omaha, NE
    ·
  • Solson005Solson005 Posts: 1,907
    That looks awesome =P~
    Large & Small BGE, CGW Two-Tier Swing Rack for BOTH EGGS, Spider for the Wok, eggCARTen & and Cedar Pergola my Eggs call home in Edmond, OK. 
    ·
  • MrCookingNurseMrCookingNurse Posts: 4,110
    im so hungry right now, and that did not help it any!!

LBGE & SBGE (big momma and pat)
    ·
  • Dyal_SCDyal_SC Posts: 2,404
    That looks AWESOME!
    ·
  • Man that looks Awsome,  bet it tasted amazing. 
    ·
  • NibbleMeThisNibbleMeThis Posts: 2,254
    That is PERFECT for me.  Wall to wall with even doneness, I love that.
    Knoxville, TN
    ·
  • EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 11,290
    Fantastic Trex cook. It's like you painted on the seared outside.
    ·