Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Is your Big Green Egg still cooking even though it’s cold out? We hope so! We love the opportunity to cook heartier meals on the EGG during the winter. Some recipes you definitely want to try are Double Smoked Potatoes, BBQ Chicken Soup, Monte Cristo Sandwich and Breakfast Quiche. These are sure to keep your stomach warm & full! We can’t wait to see what winter-inspired dishes you cook!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the History of the EGG Museum and the Culinary Center too!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

FILET

Costco filet.  Seasoned with raising the steaks, a little extra garlic powder, and EVOO.  Seared at 750ish on cast iron lowered grate for about 2 min per side.  Let sit for 15 min.  Got dome to 400.  Finished on raised grate and pulled at around 128 internal for a nice pink medium all the way through.  Very happy with this one.  Hope I can repeat it.  Used royal oak lump with some cherry and apple chunks.image

Comments

• AviatorAviator Posts: 1,550
    Dude, I will hit that in a heartbeat. Strong work.

Large and Small BGE, and a baby black Kub.

And all the toys to make me look like a Gizmo Chef.

>:)

Chattanooga, TN.

• BOWHUNRBOWHUNR Posts: 1,475
    I'm not sure what you could have done better.  That is about as perfect as they come!  Nicely done my friend.  =D>

Mike

I'm ashamed what I did for a Klondike Bar!!

Omaha, NE
  • Solson005Solson005 Posts: 1,911
    That looks awesome =P~
    Large & Small BGE, CGW Two-Tier Swing Rack for BOTH EGGS, Spider for the Wok, eggCARTen & and Cedar Pergola my Eggs call home in Edmond, OK. 
  • MrCookingNurseMrCookingNurse Posts: 4,386
    im so hungry right now, and that did not help it any!!

XLBGE 
  • Dyal_SCDyal_SC Posts: 3,266
    That looks AWESOME!
  • Man that looks Awsome,  bet it tasted amazing. 
  • NibbleMeThisNibbleMeThis Posts: 2,263
    That is PERFECT for me.  Wall to wall with even doneness, I love that.
    Knoxville, TN
  • EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 12,070
    Fantastic Trex cook. It's like you painted on the seared outside.