Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
National BBQ Month sure was tasty! We hope you got to try just as many new BBQ recipes as we did and some old favorites as well. If not, you can find all our BBQ recipes here and try them out all summer long. One of our favorites was Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise and Ted Reader’s Rum Injected Sweet Potatoes. As the weather’s heating up, use your EGG for a cool treat-Ice Cream Sandwiches! Keep an eye out for some Father’s Day recipes from chefs & their dads, coming soon!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

FILET

Costco filet.  Seasoned with raising the steaks, a little extra garlic powder, and EVOO.  Seared at 750ish on cast iron lowered grate for about 2 min per side.  Let sit for 15 min.  Got dome to 400.  Finished on raised grate and pulled at around 128 internal for a nice pink medium all the way through.  Very happy with this one.  Hope I can repeat it.  Used royal oak lump with some cherry and apple chunks.image
·

Comments

• AviatorAviator Posts: 1,522
    Dude, I will hit that in a heartbeat. Strong work.

Large and Small BGE, and a baby black Kub.

And all the toys to make me look like a Gizmo Chef.

>:)

Chattanooga, TN.

·
  • BOWHUNRBOWHUNR Posts: 1,443
    I'm not sure what you could have done better.  That is about as perfect as they come!  Nicely done my friend.  =D>

Mike

I'm ashamed what I did for a Klondike Bar!!

Omaha, NE
    ·
  • Solson005Solson005 Posts: 1,907
    That looks awesome =P~
    Large & Small BGE, CGW Two-Tier Swing Rack for BOTH EGGS, Spider for the Wok, eggCARTen & and Cedar Pergola my Eggs call home in Edmond, OK. 
    ·
  • MrCookingNurseMrCookingNurse Posts: 4,049
    im so hungry right now, and that did not help it any!!

LBGE & SBGE (big momma and pat)
    ·
  • Dyal_SCDyal_SC Posts: 2,295
    That looks AWESOME!
    2014 Co-Wing King
    ·
  • Man that looks Awsome,  bet it tasted amazing. 
    ·
  • NibbleMeThisNibbleMeThis Posts: 2,254
    That is PERFECT for me.  Wall to wall with even doneness, I love that.
    Knoxville, TN
    ·
  • EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 11,193
    Fantastic Trex cook. It's like you painted on the seared outside.
    ·