Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
With winter in full gear, we’re enjoying all the awesome photos of EGGs in the cold weather. Stay warm with some of our favorite Dutch oven recipes: Chicken & Dumplings, Chili Con Carne and BLT Soup.

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Friday's cook

First of all, yes I know this is pretty much the same as 2 weekends ago post. (sorry to those who do not like the double posts) I love the BGE and cant help posting most cooks. Tried some stuffed jalapenos as well tonight. Everything turned out great.

- Thick a** T-Bone, sea salt and a bit of spice, cooked to medium at ~600F

- Mushrooms cooked in garlic butter

- Asperagus bathed in oil and sprinkled in sea salt

- Jalapenos stuffed with a cream cheese, seasoning, garlic, and bacon.

- Crab steamed in the house with a side of garlic butter.

Nothing new, so sorry again, however, I am doing a first attemp at some pizza tomorrow night after picking up a stone today. So for all you experts out ther, heads up on a few questions that may be coming your way tomorrow. Hope everyone has a great weekend, and I hope your weather is better then we have hear! (Snow and rain......still...)

imageimageimageimage
County of Parkland, Alberta, Canada
·

Comments

• Doc_EggertonDoc_Eggerton Posts: 4,154
    Egg-on.  I enjoy everyone's cook, even if it has been done before.  A good meal is a good meal.
    Pasquali Luciano
    Buon appetito to all the BGE family
    XLBGE, LBGE, MBGE and lots of toys

·
  • caneggercanegger Posts: 530
    Looks good
    ·
  • shtgunal3shtgunal3 Posts: 2,902
    I'd like to have that T-bone!

LBGE,SBGE, and a mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

·
  • CANMAN1976CANMAN1976 Posts: 1,513

Man thats one hell of a steak!!! You could feed an army with that one,looks great!

Snow gotta end soon its almost may for christ sake:(

Hows ya gettin' on, me ol cock? 

Kippens.Newfoundland and Labrador. (Canada).
    ·
  • Thank you. And i wasnt kidding about some pizza questions for tomorrow...
    ·
  • Man thats one hell of a steak!!! You could feed an army with that one,looks great!

Snow gotta end soon its almost may for christ sake:(

This should be the last of it, then the rest of the melt. mid teens for next week so all should be ok for awhile. About time, Then its really into the bbq and steak season....
    ·
  • daffy1909daffy1909 Posts: 447
    WOW!!!!!! that  looks great! i didnt get to cook tonite mother nature dumped 2 feet of snow on us!some drifts were 4 feet high! iguess mn doesn't have an egg!!! the worst part is were usually golfing at this time! b-(
    ·
  • egger aveegger ave Posts: 547
    Looks like steak is already in season in your yard. No closed season in Texas on steaks, BGE's, or BBQ. 
    1 Large BGE, 1 Mini BGE, Original wife and 4 dogs living in the heart of BBQ country in Round Rock Texas. "Friends don't let friends cook with propane"
    ·
  • Clay QClay Q Posts: 4,418
    Hey you got me hungry with the steak dinner, ha ha.  Nice work.  I'm baking rustic sourdough today and it's 25 degrees outside, spring has not arrived yet.  Good luck with the pizza, and have fun!  

·