Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s that time of year again-time to hop on out to your backyard for an EGG hunt. If you’re lucky, you’ll only have to search as far as your patio! Planning on cooking Easter Sunday? Check out our Easter Menu. If you’re looking for a sweet treat to enjoy with the whole family, try at least one of our sweet treats, if not both: Grilled Peeps & Carrot Cupcakes. Lastly, if you’re having company, our Pinterest page has lots of ideas for entertaining. We hope you have an EGGstra tasty holiday!

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

XL Purchase Advice Needed

2»

Comments

• FockerFocker Posts: 1,650

Cool out fellas...ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!!!!!  :D

Brandon
    Quad Cities

·
  • MrCookingNurseMrCookingNurse Posts: 3,888
    here we go again....

LBGE & SBGE (big momma and pat)
    ·
  • Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 27,059

Brandon,

I'm 58 and travis is less than half that I think. If he thought I was serious he would have replied I think

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • travisstricktravisstrick Posts: 4,746
    edited April 2013
    love the popped collar. 
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
    ·
  • Be a real man Fred. Get the XXL!!
    Birmingham, AL
    XL, Small, and Mini BGEs
    ·

Hahaha

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • travisstricktravisstrick Posts: 4,746

Brandon,

I'm 58 and travis is less than half that I think. If he thought I was serious he would have replied I think

I'm glad someone still knows how to have fun. 
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
    ·
  • MrCookingNurseMrCookingNurse Posts: 3,888
    I'm with you fred, the lump reducing ring thingy is not the same as L brackets.  I used to do the direct indirect thing in my gas grill, get one side blazing, sear, and then slide over to the other side that is off and get ambient heat to roast till done

LBGE & SBGE (big momma and pat)
    ·
  • FockerFocker Posts: 1,650

Brandon,

I was messin' around bud, said the same thing for the the most recent "dust up"
    Brandon
    Quad Cities

·
  • Be a real man Fred. Get the XXL!!
    I dunno Bama.  The XL's gonna cost me a lot of trips down south already.

........................................................................................

Flint, Michigan.  Named the most dangerous city in America by the F.B.I. three years running.

We invented the U.A.W. and carjacking!

·
    The fun got lost on the old forum so I quit. Too many people with no sense of humour

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
    Ok man. I told you last time but you just didn't listen

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • I think I can distantly hear Elton John in the background.  "Saturday...Saturday night's alright!"   LOL
    See der Rabbits, Iowa
    ·
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 16,028
    Call Tom and get one of the NEW ss lump rings. It's a must have. If you get a wok, get the 20in hand hammered made in china from mrs Chen. You will have to talk her into selling you one. They are only for her commercial customers. Adj rig makes life much easier.
    @travisstrick - Hey Travis, why is the lump ring a must have?  I was leaning toward the L brackets to bank the coals like I used to do with my Weber kettle creating direct and indirect zones.  I've been meaning to get into wokking.  Is the 20" wok noobie friendly or is it desireable for it's big capacity?  If I drop your name, will Mrs. Chen cheerfully sell me the wok?  The AR is a great system for the large and I assume for the XL as well. 

Fred you might should use my name as she likes me. Travis got her Daughter PG and she has a hit out on him now.
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

·
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 16,028
    edited April 2013
    You and me in Salado next year. I'll kick yer ass

Steven this is at lunch one day and Mrs S did not see Travis leave the house ( she has ask me never to let him get out of the house that way again). But here he is sitting on 6 Metro phone books. I think you can take him. Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

·