Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

It's Friday...

You were born a steak, you were raised a steak, now you are a trout.

Strips and asparagus (for me) or steamed green beans (for her).

Somehow I didn't get a pic of the plate with the beans.

Oh, and the power of the XL.  Direct and indirect at the same time.

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys

Comments

• Charlie tuna
    Charlie tuna Posts: 2,191
    Nice looking plated picture!!
  • six_egg
    six_egg Posts: 1,110
    Very nice @doc. Good Idea on charcoal too.

XLBGE, LBGE 

Fernandina Beach, FL

• Nice as always Doc.  Thanks for the peek at your L brackets.  I think I'll get some myself.
    Flint, Michigan
  • Was that a haiku?
    Killen, AL (The Shoals)
    XL, Small, Minimax, and Mini BGEs
  • MrCookingNurse
    MrCookingNurse Posts: 4,665
    Nice cook doc! Now there are three things you cook with in my want list.

1. Leg rack
    2. Asparagus clips
    3. WS veggie basket

XLBGE 
  • Doc_Eggerton
    Doc_Eggerton Posts: 5,321
    The clips don't  work well for more than a single portion of asparagus, so buy enough for how many you think you'll be cooking for.

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys

• MrCookingNurse
    MrCookingNurse Posts: 4,665
    Thanks for the tip. I've noticed most of y'all cook with 4-5 of them.

XLBGE 
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414

Thanks for the tip. I've noticed most of y'all cook with 4-5 of them.

They come in a 4-pack for around 15 bucks from sur la table.
  • Eggcelsior
    Doc, I didn't know you were John the Baptist.
  • Kosko
    Kosko Posts: 535
    Where did you get your asparagus clips at Doc?
    Peachtree City, Ga Large BGE
  • Doc_Eggerton
    I think Sur La Table, if not it was Williams Sonoma.

• Eggcelsior

I think Sur La Table, if not it was Williams Sonoma.

It is Sur La Table. Or direct from the manufacturer.
  • Doc_Eggerton
    LOL, I love the clips, I get a nibble every time I show a pic with them.  A lot of folks have them now, but I was first
    :D

One of these days I'll do a post on my toys and which ones really serve a purpose.

• Dyal_SC
    Dyal_SC Posts: 6,023
    Don't get no better!
  • LOL, I love the clips, I get a nibble every time I show a pic with them.  A lot of folks have them now, but I was first

One of these days I'll do a post on my toys and which ones really serve a purpose.
    You have the toys!  Your veggie basket has caught my eye a few times along with those asparagus clips.  I bought the SS cooking plate because you posted a cook using it.  I think you cooked fish.  My favorite use for it is pancakes.  It's been a while since I cooked pancakes. 
    Flint, Michigan
  • Doc_Eggerton
    edited April 2013
    Fred, the veggie basket is an honest useful tool.  I have two, and frequently use both on a cook.

• Fred, the veggie basket are an honest useful tool.  I have two, and frequently use both on a cook.
    No need to tell me.  I see the photographic evidence quite frequently in your posts!  When I see it, I say " gotta get one of those."
    Flint, Michigan
  • Eggcelsior

LOL, I love the clips, I get a nibble every time I show a pic with them.  A lot of folks have them now, but I was first

You have the toys!  Your veggie basket has caught my eye a few times along with those asparagus clips.  I bought the SS cooking plate because you posted a cook using it.  I think you cooked fish.  My favorite use for it is pancakes.  It's been a while since I cooked pancakes. 

I love my basket. I second everything Doc says about it.
  • AlbertaEgger
    AlbertaEgger Posts: 1,387
    Looks GREAT, and btw, I have been looking everywhere for those clamps you are using for the asparagus. Few more places to look but I am not sure I will have much luck. They look pretty handy. And we cook asparagus all the time.
    County of Parkland, Alberta, Canada
  • Doc_Eggerton

I love my basket. I second everything Doc says about it.

• Doc_Eggerton
    Looks GREAT, and btw, I have been looking everywhere for those clamps you are using for the asparagus. Few more places to look but I am not sure I will have much luck. They look pretty handy. And we cook asparagus all the time.
    I have been reminded it was Sur La Table.

• double
    double Posts: 1,214

I have been reminded it was Sur La Table.

I have a very good friend that just started working for Sur La Table I'm going to give them a shopping list soon :-)
    Lynnwood WA
  • AlbertaEgger
    AlbertaEgger Posts: 1,387
    looks like nothing in Canada, I am sure they will ship here though, thanks.
    County of Parkland, Alberta, Canada