Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Merry Christmas and may your holiday be filled with delicious food and loved ones...to help you devour the food! Our Holiday Entertaining Guide can help if you’re still making a Christmas menu. If you’re looking for fun, last minute holiday activities, check out EGGcellent Sugar Cookies, BGE Cake Pops, Santa Hat Brownies, Pig Candy or Holiday Drinks! See you in the New Year EGGheads!

The 17th Annual EGGtoberfest was amazing - here are the highlights Click Here

Shish Kebabs!

In a fit of extreme indolence and laziness I bought pre-assembled and skewered beef loin top sirloin shish kebab from my local Public food store.  I wondered what that offering would be like, and I wanted to try kebabs on my BGE.  My wife would have been horrified about my buying the assembled kebabs, but currently she is out of town.  So I went the easy route. 

I transferred the skewered meat and veggies from the wooden skewer to the flexible fire wire that I was dying to try.  I marinaded the kebabs for an hour in a dish with a sauce on the shelf at Public's called 'World Harbors Jamaican Style Jerk Marinade and Sauce'.  (Again the wife would be horrified, she has a spectacular marinade for kebabs!)

At about 400 degrees raised direct (Woo3), it took about 15 minutes to reach the rare temperature for beef (thanks thermapen!), and I opened it up for a couple of minutes to get a glaze happening.  GREAT results, and very easy which is what I was after.  And I have a whole skewer left over for tomorrow.

At this time I don't see any advantage to the fire wire over a bamboo skewer, but maybe for bigger cooks it would be an advantage.  I probably won't bother with the fire wire skewers in the future, live and learn...

Dave

no, not -that- one!
KI4PSR

Comments