Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Who’s ready for September? We’re ready as ever for football season! Check out our tailgating page for recipes that are great to bring to a tailgate, or cook at home if you’re entertaining friends during a game. Either way they’re sure to become a fan favorite! We couldn’t forget about Labor Day...we have recipes and cook out ideas to celebrate the long weekend no matter what you’re doing. And lastly, be sure to cook up a batch (or five) of bacon for National Bacon Day! We can’t wait to fall into cooler weather with you!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

More Goodies for the GA Mt. Eggfest Cooks

egretegret Posts: 4,036
Just received these from Mollie Hightower of High-Que (http://www.high-que.com). These fire grates are the answer to low temp. problems with all sizes of the BGE. 

These things are the real deal!!

Comments

• henapplehenapple Posts: 14,691
    how much?
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • They look pretty good, and only 150.00, not to bad.
  • egretegret Posts: 4,036
    They look pretty good, and only 150.00, not to bad.
    Yes, I know that sounds like a lot for that cooking grid, but, that thing is massive and is hinged on one half so you can raise it up to add wood, or whatever. It's so heavy duty it will probably outlast your egg!!? :)) The fire grates, though, improve significantly the air flow in any size egg.
  • scooter759scooter759 Posts: 248
    I've had one in my large for about a year, just got for my new medium delivered yesterday. Very satisfied with them.
    Extra Large, 2 Large, Medium, Mini Max, Weber Summit gasser, Weber Q. Mankato, MN
  • Dyal_SCDyal_SC Posts: 2,734
    Don't those fire grates void the warranty if something happens to the egg? Seems like I heard that somewhere before.