Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Just met my dealer and scored 50 lbs of primo stuff

SmokeyPitt
SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
edited April 2013 in EggHead Forum

Thanks @henapple!

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

Comments

• Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    That should last a week or two. :)) Ozark Oak is good stuff. What'd he charge for a bag?

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• SmokeyPitt
    Nickle bags ;)...$5 for 10 #. 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    Do you buy from a tractor trailer behind a convince store as well?
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• SmokeyPitt

Mickey said:
    Do you buy from a tractor trailer behind a convince store as well?
    My deal went down in a parking lot across from Waffle House.  

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    edited April 2013
    All I can say is I paid @henapple $5. a bag and I think he said we could pocket $6. a bag off the deal. Henapple is good.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Solson005
    Solson005 Posts: 1,911
    Awesome, my dealer has gone retail. But I plan to take a trip to the source sometime soon B-)
    Large & Small BGE, CGW Two-Tier Swing Rack for BOTH EGGS, Spider for the Wok, eggCARTen & and Cedar Pergola my Eggs call home in Edmond, OK. 
  • Griffin
    Dang! $5 a bag. I wish Elliots here in Plano charged that. I think they are closer to $9. I stocked up after Plano Eggfest when I had a bunch of buy one get one free coupons and thought I was getting a deal, but all that did was bring it down to your normal price.

Rowlett, Texas

• SmokeyPitt

Griffin said:
    Dang! $5 a bag. I wish Elliots here in Plano charged that. I think they are closer to $9. I stocked up after Plano Eggfest when I had a bunch of buy one get one free coupons and thought I was getting a deal, but all that did was bring it down to your normal price.
    Only problem is I can only get it when Henapple happens to be rolling through my area :).  

I'm sure you know...but just to clarify...Tony isn't actually a dealer.  He just scored a good deal because he purchases in bulk when he travels through AR.  He passes the deal on to fellow eggheads who happen to be in his travel path, for a modest twelver of PBR delivery fee.

I hear rumors that this lump cartel is going international.  His next stop is meeting some pilot in Chattanooga.  

• TUTTLE871
    TUTTLE871 Posts: 1,316
    Griffin said:

The good thing about Elliots out the Suburbs is they carry Dizzy Pig, I have to make the journey out there to get the goods.

"Hold my beer and watch this S##T!"

LARGE BGE DALLAS TX.

• Griffin
    @TUTTLE871 true true. Call me next time you make the journey up to our hood. We've always got whiskey, cold beer and a pool table.

Rowlett, Texas

• henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    @Griffin... how many bags do you want?
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • Griffin
    @henapple - you don't have to get me any bags.

Rowlett, Texas

• henapple
    I'm probably gonna bring some to central TX in June... you close at all to Mickey?
  • Griffin
    We're in Dallas.

Rowlett, Texas

• double
    double Posts: 1,214
    @henapple do you ever make it to Seattle?
    Lynnwood WA
  • Aviator
    Aviator Posts: 1,757
    Thanks, Tony. Yep I scored too, and lookin for more. :)

Large and Small BGE, Blackstone 36 and a baby black Kub.

Chattanooga, TN.

• henapple
    afraid not.... wish I could
  • sancho65
    sancho65 Posts: 226

@henapple  When you come to Texas let me know as well I could use a few bags if you have the room!! Thanks William

XL, Large, 2 Small's and Mini BGE Arlington Texas
  • henapple
    sancho65 said:

@henapple  When you come to Texas let me know as well I could use a few bags if you have the room!! Thanks William

you know I will...
  • shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,629
    Give me a yell when/if you roll through Cullman, AL @henapple

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• nashbama
    nashbama Posts: 102
    I might need a good dealer as well. My smoking habit is getting pretty fierce. Only thing that is getting me through this crazy Friday is thinking about what I can do with the pork loin my wife bought me yesterday.
  • cssmd27
    cssmd27 Posts: 345
    edited April 2013
    sancho65 said:

Same here for that price!  I'd probably take at least 10-20 if you they are available and you are willing when you come through Dallas.  Happy to cover some beer and pay in advance!

(Seriously, do not feel any obligation.  I know some of this stuff can be a pain to deal with, but if it's available, I would take what I can get.  I live in Dallas - well, University Park - just south of NW Hwy between 75 & the Tollway, so I could meet you wherever would be convenient.  I also work in Arlington, FWIW.)
    Dallas (University Park), Texas