Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s time to kick back, relax and enjoy the aromas of fresh smoked meat as we sail towards summer. Not sure what to smoke? Try Down & Dizzy Pork Shoulder or Smoked Spanish Chicken. Now that Spring is in the air, it's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Boston Butt from Publix

I was happy with the 2.5lb'er I cooked lastnight, that my family has asked to do another. I went to publix and the biggest one they had on the shelf was 4lbs. I asked the employee if he had any bigger ones in the back. I told him I was looking for a boneless 8lb'er.. Low and behold he brought my out what I was asking for. When I got home I noticed that there was a huge cavity on one side of the butt. Im guessing there is where the bone was. So my question.... Will this cavity affect cooking the butt? I guess I have to put the meat probe on the non-cavity side? Also, I need this thing for Friday at 5pm. I will start it tomorrow night around 11ish. Is it too early to put the rub on it now?

Comments