Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

OT - fresh glass or no

TjcoleyTjcoley Posts: 3,422
Bartender keeps trying to give me a fresh glass with each vodka rocks. I insist on using the old one, because the ice is 'marinated'. Just can't let the lime wedges pile up as they take up space. Am I wrong?

Comments

• Doc_EggertonDoc_Eggerton Posts: 4,376
    I like it.
    Pasquali Luciano
    Buon appetito to all the BGE family
    XLBGE, LBGE, MBGE and lots of toys

·
  • bigphilbigphil Posts: 1,386
    Seasoned ice is where it's at. Stand your ground.

+1
    Large Big Green Egg , XL Big Green Egg . BBQ Guru, Weber Kettle, Weber Q grill for road trips.
    ·
  • ChubbsChubbs Posts: 5,261
    Tell him if he takes your glass again, no tip. He will stop taking your glass ;)
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
    ·
  • KruegsKruegs Posts: 128
    No question...you're right!
    XL BGE; CyberQ Wifi; Adjustable Rig, Woo2 Green Bay, Wisconsin
    ·
  • SmokinDAWG82SmokinDAWG82 Posts: 1,704
    I concur
    LBGE
    Go Dawgs! - Marietta, GA
    ·
  • GriffinGriffin Posts: 6,926
    Gotta stick with the pre-marinated ice.

Richardson, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

·
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 14,429
    tell the bt to shut up and pour. I hate it when I'm consuming beer from a bottle and have to continually remind Pimpy Pimpleton that I require a fresh, frosted mug or glass to enjoy my PBR to it's maximum enjoyability... you'd think after the 8th $@&# time he'd remember.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
    ·
  • FanOfFanboysFanOfFanboys Posts: 1,845
    Maybe it's a health code violation in that state? Kinda like req'd new plate at Buffett? No idea.
    Boom
    ·
  • Z_EggineerZ_Eggineer Posts: 567

Please do not make "seasoned ice" a thing.  Bars might start charging extra for "Man Ice" from an "Ice Barrow" or something.

However, in a service industry, employees should serve the customer.  If you are paying 5+ for a vodka drink, you should get it however you want it.

·
  • FoghornFoghorn Posts: 2,516

"Please do not make "seasoned ice" a thing."

I think the seasoning process is called "The Travis Method"

XL BGE, Klose BYC, ProQ Excel, Weber Kettle, Firepit, Grand Turbo gasser, and a portable Outdoor Gourmet gasser for tailgating

San Antonio, TX

·
  • HogHeavenHogHeaven Posts: 264
    Sometimes people think to hard...
    ·
  • Foghorn said:

oh it's already a thing. This bus has left the station and it ain't coming back!

·
  • texaswigtexaswig Posts: 878
    I heard of tired ice but never seasoned ice.
    Scott
    Greenville ,Tx

Xl bge with woo2 and ajustable rack
    ·
  • tazcrashtazcrash Posts: 1,851
    just get it served like this:  
    Bx - > NJ ->TX!!! 
    All to get cheaper brisket! 
    ·
  • FoghornFoghorn Posts: 2,516
    Foghorn said:

oh it's already a thing. This bus has left the station and it ain't coming back!

So, does that mean that at a bar near me, I will soon be able to ask for refill and the waitperson will ask "Would you like a Travis refill - or would you prefer a fresh glass?"

XL BGE, Klose BYC, ProQ Excel, Weber Kettle, Firepit, Grand Turbo gasser, and a portable Outdoor Gourmet gasser for tailgating

San Antonio, TX

·
  • Foghorn said:
    Foghorn said:

So, does that mean that at a bar near me, I will soon be able to ask for refill and the waitperson will ask "Would you like a Travis refill - or would you prefer a fresh glass?"
    I assure you "The Travis Method" is alive and well in Texas bars everywhere but it means something completely different. Order at your own peril.

·
  • Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 27,320
    I thought they didn't have those kinda bars in Texas

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • I thought they didn't have those kinda bars in Texas
    Where there is Travis, there are "those kinda bars".

·
  • EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 11,298
    edited April 2013
    I thought they didn't have those kinda bars in Texas
    Where there is Travis, there are "those kinda bars".

No wonder his tag is sometimes "Hey, careful man, there's a beverage here""

·
  • six_eggsix_egg Posts: 605
    I prefer patron myself but agree with all of the above kinda, I guess, maybe. :))

XLBGE, LBGE 

Texarkana, TX

·
  • Keep the same glass but always get another stir stick, I keep them so I can keep track of how many I've had when the tab comes.  Sometimes I lose count if I don't keep my stir sticks.

_________________________________________________________________________________________

Johnson, Navin R... Sounds like a typical bastard.

Belmont, NC

·
  • Keep the same glass but always get another stir stick, I keep them so I can keep track of how many I've had when the tab comes.  Sometimes I lose count if I don't keep my stir sticks.
    I keep them so I can spell out :"Thank you for your exquisite service this evening. Could you please call me a cab?" on the bar when I've had one or 2 too many :))

·
  • EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 11,298
    Keep the same glass but always get another stir stick, I keep them so I can keep track of how many I've had when the tab comes.  Sometimes I lose count if I don't keep my stir sticks.
    I keep them so I can spell out :"Thank you for your exquisite service this evening. Could you please call me a cab?" on the bar when I've had one or 2 too many :))

Is the extra one or two for punctuation? Damn, you either have a fat wallet or the ladies love your ravishing good looks, sex panther. 
    ·
  • boatbumboatbum Posts: 1,273
    If served a fresh glass, I simply take the new one and pour it in the old one...
    Cookin in Texas
    ·
  • TjcoleyTjcoley Posts: 3,422
    With a good bartender there is no room
  • BotchBotch Posts: 3,204
    edited April 2013
    somebody said:
    ...enjoy my PBR to it's maximum enjoyability... 

:-O  You've gotta be smoking something here too, right?  

Live fast, die young, and leave a well-marbled corpse.  

Ogden, Utard.  
    ·
  • Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 27,320
    In the UK it is unheard of to offer a fresh glass. In Scotland it's a fight

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • If he argued, did you ask him if he grabbed a new glass at home everytime he poured a new one? I know for myself, I would have to install a commercial bar dishwasher in the kitchen, and garage, or, buy many.....many, glasses.
    County of Parkland, Alberta, Canada
    ·
  • TjcoleyTjcoley Posts: 3,422
    They never argued. . It was actually 2 lady bartenders who had fun with it. If they forgot and poured a clean glass, they apologized. It became an ongoing thing over the 4 days I was there. Back next week so I'll see if they remember.